Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text field getting value from somewhere

Options
  • 27-11-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I have a text field on my form:
    <input name="startdate" id="startdate" />

When I preview the form, it shows today's date in the text field for reasons I cannot fathom. If I change it to
    <input name="startdatex" id="startdatex" />

it does the same thing, basically if the name of any field in my form contains the word 'date', it does this.

This implies to me some sort of jquery selector looking for 'date' but I can't for the life of me find it. Is there some way using firebug or similar to trace the origins of the default value of a text box in a form?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Could you post the entire code for the HTML document?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

Could it be the auto complete function on Google Toolbar or one of those?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

You should definitely be able to use Firebug to step through the Javascript. Bring up the offending page in a browser, hit F12 and select the Script tab.

Why don't you post the page source up here as I'm sure the error will get spotted quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Tks all, think I got it sorted. It was jquery as suspected, but my version of ff for some reason wasn't 'emptying' out the textbox even when I removed the class. I was removing it in jquery and it wasn't making any diff. Odd. Anyway, I removed the offending jquery and everything is sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

corblimey wrote: »
    Tks all, think I got it sorted. It was jquery as suspected, but my version of ff for some reason wasn't 'emptying' out the textbox even when I removed the class. I was removing it in jquery and it wasn't making any diff. Odd. Anyway, I removed the offending jquery and everything is sorted now.
    That does sound a bit odd but I'm glad you got to the bottom of it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement