Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assignment 26- 'up close and personal'

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Lets split the difference and let pete do a 'shoot' with pullandbang & katiemaloe.......together, where pullandbang can bring along his 'big' gun !!!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

Lets split the difference and let pete do a 'shoot' with pullandbang & katiemaloe.......together, where pullandbang can bring along his 'big' gun !!!!! :p

He only has a little handheld gun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Hellboy_by_superflyninja.jpg
    His gun goes all the way down to his feet nearly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

So far I've figured this much out:
    Regardless of who wins this challenge I think katiemaloe should win a prize for the most thanked comment. (dof)

Her prize should be a "portrait" session with pete4130 and the results to be posted here!

Pullandbang wants to see katies bits n bobs :pac:
    katiemaloe wrote: »
    Lol! What an amazing idea pullandbang! :D You're a bit late though...I already won that prize. ;) Was thinkin of commisioning him to do a nice nippleous erectous shot next.... That would be Up, Close and Personal :p

Katemaloe might possibly be the owner of the bits in bobs in Pauls photo :eek:

Pullandbang obviously has 2 willies :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Just as well I didn't call into your shop today (you looked busy) 'cos the missus was with me and she might have something to say about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

Ha ha! I would have been on my best behavior :) Ah you should have called in to say hello. I was a very busy bee but I have prioity for some visitors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

4173450997_0f94ecc4cd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 gone2themoon

swingking wrote: »
    4173450997_0f94ecc4cd.jpg

Needs more DOF. (Focus not Flange.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 2009egan

this was taken two days after i got my first slr-last week, it is cropped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Needs more DOF. (Focus not Flange.)

Thanks for the advice.

Any idea how I could achieve this ; I shot at F22 which was the lowest the aperture would go for the shot.

Thanks

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Snap Happy

2009egan wrote: »
    this was taken two days after i got my first slr-last week, it is cropped
    Very inpressed for 1st slr photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

This thread reminds me of the wig company that became so successful that they are thinking of going pubic next year................:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

B709F583F828449CBC9BD5EA7A44ED16-500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 gone2themoon

swingking wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice.

Any idea how I could achieve this ; I shot at F22 which was the lowest the aperture would go for the shot.

Thanks

:)

I would have said use a smaller aperture but if f22 is the smallest the lens will go? I'm sure some1 here will know. Perhaps moving further away from the subject and using a little zoom or cropping the final image a little. Don't get me wrong here, it's a beautiful image, but I got slated elsewhere for having 1 small part of a flower head in focus with other parts out of focus. I was able to stop down a little and got a better pic. They told me "it's a flower, you have plenty of time to get a decent shot" harsh but true. I hope some1 here will have the solution.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Does someone fancy doing the honours on behalf of squareballoon and call the result? Remember she's away in Aussie land or New Zealand or somehwere far flung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭warder6161

maybe the 1 with the most thanks = zaraba:) chocese being a very close 2nd but my preference all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

Yeah Zaraba has the most thanks
    B984A07D0E6F4E72A8BB6C402776A0E1.jpg
    well done :)

Over to you for the next one :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

dbtif7.jpg

Cheers guys, much appreciated.

I'll pop up a new one tomorrow or Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Congrats Zaraba!

love the shot. What did you do for the "ink"

• Advertisement

Congrats Zaraba!

love the shot. What did you do for the "ink"

Not being a real emo, I had to settle for blue ink!
    Shot was taken in monochrome on the camera, then turned sepia like in GIMP.

Many thanks to Fajitas who helped with advice in the PP.

Advertisement