Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houses for sale on Daft

Options
  • 27-11-2009 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

Has anybody else noticed on daft that houses that are for sale, that have been there for a few months but then they are appearing as brand new ads??, I dont mean that the add has been renewed, I mean brand new add. I have noticed 3 in the past 5 days. As if somebody who is looking for a house for the past few months(like myself) isnt going to notice, it seems to be the same estate agent aswell, am sure that is just considence though!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Its not going to make much difference to someone like yourself who's watching the market.
    EA's do it for 2/3 reasons,
    House doesn't look like it been sitting on the market for ages.
    It keep the statistics looking better, Average house stays on the market for 6 months before being sold.
    It also keeps programs like PropertyBee from recording price drops, text changes, etc.

Also most EA's can create as many new adverts as they want for one set fee, so it doesn't cost them anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

Happens all the time. As Senna says it's to make a property appear fresh, and also to ensure that it appears closer to the top of "date entered" searches.

Advertisement