Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Bank Of Ireland have a New Business Dept

Options
  • 27-11-2009 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

I received a letter in the post today from Bank of Ireland. Several things struck me about the letter. It says its denying me an application for a loan, a loan I never applied for?

First off my first and last names are spelt incorrectly, but my address is correct. There also is no subject.

Second, its not a business letter format, it only has my address on the left, then on the right an application number and the date.

Lastly, it is signed (PP) but under the signature it just says, The Manager, New Business, Bank of Ireland.

I cannot find a letter i've received from BOI in the past to compare but it just looks suspicious to me, especially since its not a business letter format, there is no address on it only in the footer to the BOI head office, there is no name printed for the signature and I've never heard of New Business in BOI when I only have a student account. The layout of the letter is very scant and un-professional for a bank!

Just wondering if anybody has heard anything about this kind of letter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

Doesn't sound genuine to me, but bring it to a branch for them to have a look if you want to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Evo wrote: »
    I received a letter in the post today from Bank of Ireland. Several things struck me about the letter. It says its denying me an application for a loan, a loan I never applied for?

First off my first and last names are spelt incorrectly, but my address is correct. There also is no subject.

Second, its not a business letter format, it only has my address on the left, then on the right an application number and the date.

Lastly, it is signed (PP) but under the signature it just says, The Manager, New Business, Bank of Ireland.

I cannot find a letter i've received from BOI in the past to compare but it just looks suspicious to me, especially since its not a business letter format, there is no address on it only in the footer to the BOI head office, there is no name printed for the signature and I've never heard of New Business in BOI when I only have a student account. The layout of the letter is very scant and un-professional for a bank!

Just wondering if anybody has heard anything about this kind of letter?

Any chance you could scan it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Sounds bit odd if They do new business start up accounts but this is managed by the bank from what i remember of working there in the past. Also very odd if they got your name spelt wrong as that stuff is all controlled by systems for printing letters so bit odd if it was wrong on it.

I would contact local branch and they can verify it. Well lets hope they can the branchs are awful sometimes.

Advertisement