Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Abroad

Options
  • 27-11-2009 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I'm currently studying a masters in English and I was wondering if any one has any advice on where to find work abroad? I was hoping to use my degree in English(both the BA and MA) as opposed to getting a TEFL.
    I know it's possible to do this in South Korea as my friend who is now teaching in Spain was hoping to go there with me originally and a 3 year degree was all they asked for - she decided to go earlier than expected though. I'm just wondering if it's possible to teach english with the masters anywhere in europe? I'd be very grateful with any help you may have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

You probably could, but I think you'd feel more confident, (and give the students a better deal), if you got a teaching qualification as well as your MA. Plus, you'll be paid better and have a wider range of jobs to choose from if you have a CELTA. It only takes a month. (Costs about a thousand euros though...) Good luck.

Advertisement