Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ray Foley Show 27/11/09 - Flood Relief

• 27-11-2009 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

thought someone else would have posted about this but well done to Ray Foley & Co - they had a full show dedicated to raising funds to the SVP for flood relief - between Noon and 2.30 they raised 40k!! It was amazing to hear people are still willing to give despite the economic circumstances at the moment - it sorta restored my faith in humanity (then I hit traffic and it was every man for themselves again!!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

fair play to all concerned at the Foley show for getting about this so quickly and effectively, selfless and a great effort overall.

I reckon at the end of the day they'll end up with quite a bit more than €40k too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Fair play to them,nice to see :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Listened to it yesterday. They did a great job, especially since it was a last minute deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Great to see people doing something for the people affected! would of taught the darcy show would of been on this before foley doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Crubeens

Turns out they raised 100k altogether. brilliant achievement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Aye... Foley truly is the King!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 times'a'wastin

Thought it was a fantastic ideas and think more people would do something to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

all hail the king of the afternoon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

He did well, but away from the norm, pity i missed the show though but well done on the 100k :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

C0N0R wrote: »
    He did well, but away from the norm, pity i missed the show.....
    It's all in the podcast
    http://audioserver.todayfm.com/audio/foleyshow27112009.mp3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

They did incredibly well. Well done to all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't really like the show but that is classy nonetheless. Well done to them and its a shame more shows don't help out with the flood victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Advertisement