Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super-StreetFighter IV Team Battle Fun

Options
  • 27-11-2009 11:58pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Been mulling it over in my head alongside some of the great 3v3/5v5 movies I've been watching even in basic SF4 and it comes up with the interesting thought of Irish SSF4 squads duking it out.

So, do you ever think you'd form an actual SSF4 team for said potential team-based tournies or just for general kick-about fun?

Even if you restricted it to Online and said feature isn't restricted to being sorted purely by GP/BP it'd be interesting to see if an Irish Online team even considered forming for the fun of taking the fight to other teams or just randoms - What do you think?

As a side discussion, who would you want on a team? Bare in mind that you could want players who represent a specific character whom you'd like in your varied matchups or ditch that idea and just go for preferred players, beit just naturally talented and/or have a wide plathora of characters under their wing.

In addition, excluding the new incoming SSF4 characters, what would you regard as a strong character 5v5 setup?

Think of this as a fun thread for fun discussion, not ego or "I Wan X on mah team coz dey awsum, real talk!"

EDIT:
    I'm somewhat reluctant to take part in team suggestions as I barely get to play many folks here and I'm sure Offline experience will be an important point for a lot of folks - Plus the fact I'm too stubborn to play anyone other than Balrog which means I'm a little less versed in matchup / character specific talk.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I said it before. Wasn't kidding. Me and Kirby start team "zoning irritant".

Seriously ho much fun would a couple of Irish teams be?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Would be good fun to have a few set teams of four for some fun little comps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I'd love to be involved in a North Vs South 5v5 tournament :)

Sagat06 wrote: »
    I'd love to be involved in a North Vs South 5v5 tournament :)

We have to do this on the 5th.

Actually Guile's anti floaty skills might make him useful in a way to a team. Put him with a shoto and Rufus and you've a pretty tight team there already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Yeah, it would be good to try team style tourneys.

I think any strong team needs versatility of characters so you need to have a strong player for each range (e.g.: Good Zangief/Abel player for close range, Ryu or maybe Akuma for overall range and Fagat for long range)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

Just as an aside and slightly off topic, there'll be more than 5 of us going down from the north so we can have a 5v5 as long as the tournament doesn't run too late.

Just as an aside and slightly off topic, there'll be more than 5 of us going down from the north so we can have a 5v5 as long as the tournament doesn't run too late.

Good stuff.

See you all next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Nice. I won't be going as money's a little tight for me right now, but I'll be very interested to hear how this goes.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Who is coming from up north Roogle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

Azza wrote: »
    Who is coming from up north Roogle?
    Confirmed: Myself, Newtype, mr_kyle, LiquidSwords, LiquidSwords' brother, Blag, Cobelcog (although he'll be coming from Newry so probably will arrive at a different time compared to us). V-DecK might or might not be coming. Simon "The Truth" Lau may also make an appearance, I am constantly trying to convince him to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Actually Guile's anti floaty skills might make him useful in a way to a team. Put him with a shoto and Rufus and you've a pretty tight team there already.

Team Zeus.

Think about it....

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

I wouldn't mind been on a team at all, can use Akuma of course, and Hopefully Juri when SSFIV comes out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Bush
    Azza
    Kirby
    The Witch
    Ken B

would be a good team for the 5-on-5 imo. Would put myself forward if one of those five can't play.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Bush
    Azza
    Kirby
    The Witch
    Ken B

would be a good team for the 5-on-5 imo. Would put myself forward if one of those five can't play.

It's definitely a good mix of characters anyway.

Yeah, as well as being very good players I think it's a fun and diverse character selection, would lead to good matches!

Bush
    Azza
    Kirby
    The Witch
    Ken B

I dunno. Heard that Bush guy is a scrub.

(yup thats the exact 5 I would pick and I would also sub you.)

What about Sagat006?

What about Sagat006?

Subs bench. For Bush. I mean, we're talking about variety too here, right?

There's pretty much enough in our scene for 2 lethal teams now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

*puts hand up*

Nominating self for the 3rd team: Team Scrub ;)

• Advertisement

Oh also if there's more than 5 from the north we could just play a 6on6 or whatever the number is instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    *puts hand up*

Im in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

What about Sagat006?

aww shucks :D

If your going for variety then Bush's Blanka has to be in there no questions asked, but if he wants to bring his Chun or Rufus to the party then I'd gladly play!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    *puts hand up*

Yes! I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Bush
    Azza
    Kirby
    The Witch
    Ken B

This team would be great...I'd be honoured to be involved with those guys!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Wait til team scrub crosses your path. You'll be held up for like, 10 minutes!

Who wants in on team "Distinctly average"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

ROLLCALL FOR TEAM NUBCAKE!!!

Team Discovery Channel!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Still need 2 more for the *real* Team Scrub.

Umm. Fo' real, yo.

Advertisement