Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super-StreetFighter IV Team Battle Fun

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Still need 2 more for the *real* Team Scrub.

Umm. Fo' real, yo.

Whos already in? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Who wants in on team "Distinctly average"?
    Team Airthrow tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This forum is gonna come alive when Super hits. Online team games between the lot of us is going to be great fun. The only problem I can see is the console divide....that team couldnt happen because half are on ps3 and the other have 360 :p.

Perhaps when super comes out we should compile a list in a new thread of what format everyone plays one.

Or everyone could get the PC version! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Kirby wrote: »

Or everyone could get the PC version! :D

Agreed but chances are it'll be on consoles 1st for awhile then PC :(

Well your head will be wrecked anyway considering we're all gonna be playing it while your waiting for release.

Having said that, I own both the pc and ps3 version and the pc is way better. I also know more people on here on the PC than on the PS3 version. But a lot of the PC users on here are never on it, or also own the 360 and appear to be on that more :mad:

I go on PS3 to play doom kiki and bush. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

360 is better than PC, I only go on PC to play people from here really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    I go on PS3 to play doom kiki and bush. :cool:

I feel so unwanted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Wait til team scrub crosses your path. You'll be held up for like, 10 minutes!
    Actually, considering that Foamy (and, kinda, myself) play Akuma -- think you can cut that time in half! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Bush
    Azza
    Kirby
    The Witch
    Ken B

would be a good team for the 5-on-5 imo. Would put myself forward if one of those five can't play.

i propose team rejects, aka ppl who think theyre great but didnt make the cut [because theyre actually not]

A-trak - cheap handslap honda
    Doom - Spam boom guile
    Dreddy - Time out gief
    Animax - no comment
    Ry - All talk no play ryu

Then there is ofcourse, long posts, eircomd cunny-funt buts hes retired from sf4 to be a full time Fighting game form poster ;)

you guys would be deadly !

I feel so unwanted :(

lol woops forgot you , I;ve you on my friends list but I never see yea online when I'm on the ps3 (which isnt that often)
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    360 is better than PC, I only go on PC to play people from here really.

Is it? Whats better about it?

@ farz, theres always team 3s all the ex 3rd strikers :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    i propose team rejects, aka ppl who think theyre great but didnt make the cut [because theyre actually not]

A-trak - cheap handslap honda
    Doom - Spam boom guile
    Dreddy - Time out gief
    Animax - no comment
    Ry - All talk no play ryu

Then there is ofcourse, long posts, eircomd cunny-funt buts hes retired from sf4 to be a full time Fighting game form poster ;)

you guys would be deadly !

Team think they're great but aren't?

I met a guy called farz who should definitely be on that list.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I heard he bet the best of the best last week, what a champ ;)
    If im alive on the 5th i will be bringing my A game :pac::pac::pac::)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Actually, considering that Foamy (and, kinda, myself) play Akuma -- think you can cut that time in half! :pac:

Add me to the team and we'll be only 2 players away from having The Akuma Team (The A. Team for short :pac:)

Our opponents won't know what hit them. It'll be like trying to cut through 5 pieces of butter with a hot knife.
    Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Is it? Whats better about it?

The 360 version is in no way better than the PC version. There is just more people and a larger community (apparently) on the 360. That being said, I can never not find a game. I've never been waiting more than 20 seconds to get into a match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Im just going to get the 360 version this time, the ps3 version of sf4 is just annoying and its like a ghost town on there now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

bush wrote: »
    Im just going to get the 360 version this time, the ps3 version of sf4 is just annoying and its like a ghost town on there now.

That's weird. I am getting more games than ever on Ps3 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

How about team delusional:

Farzad
    Farzad
    Farzad
    Farzad
    Farzad

:D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Add me to the team and we'll be only 2 players away from having The Akuma Team (The A. Team for short :pac:)

Are you trying to kick me out of the team?! You're not even on it yet and you're suggesting mutiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

*puts hand up*

Nominating self for the 3rd team: Team Scrub ;)
    I second that motion for a scrub team and put my name forward

Team Scrub is now:
    K.O.Kiki (char: undecided ;))
    FoamyMushroom (Akuma)
    D4rk_Onion (??)
    L31mr0d (Akuma)
    ayjayirl (Ryu?)

Just make sure you come up to me on Sat as I have no memory for names/faces half the time :rolleyes:

ayjayirl wrote: »
    I second that motion for a scrub team and put my name forward
    Oh, it's ayjayirl! Watched all of the doom videos with you in 'em, you're like the taunt king! Team taunt!

• Advertisement

Oh, it's ayjayirl! Watched all of the doom videos with you in 'em, you're like the taunt king! Team taunt!

I only like to taunt Doom.....

But I like the name - Team Taunt

Kiki -> Yes for Ryu!

Team Taunt? I like that one even better!

Team scrubby taunt!

Team Taunt? I like that one even better!

Awesome... if we name it that, I might feel better about throwing out loads of taunts in matches (I seem to always throw out a taunt right after someone attempts to focus absorb a 3 hit red fireball)

Being on a team might also give me the gusto to practice more. I'd probably put in more of an effort if others where relying on me.

That being said, how are we going to resolve the fact that we don't all game on the same platform? No point having a team if we can't use it in SSFIV :(

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Awesome... if we name it that, I might feel better about throwing out loads of taunts in matches (I seem to always throw out a taunt right after someone attempts to focus absorb a 3 hit red fireball)

Being on a team might also give me the gusto to practice more. I'd probably put in more of an effort if others where relying on me.

That being said, how are we going to resolve the fact that we don't all game on the same platform? No point having a team if we can't use it in SSFIV :(

a valid point. I am on PS3 - and thats Doom's Ps3. I have a 360 but alas not the game for it, nor any of the controllers/sticks (all ps3). Suggestions welcome as to how to solve this issue. Is this team idea for online play or on site play?

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Is this team idea for online play or on site play?

Well we could do it at one of the meets, but it would be nice to utilize the new team feature is SSFIV (rather than playing with some random pubbies on your team, I've done that with L4D2 and it is never fun). I think it would also be mutually beneficial, having 4 people who don't feel awkward about explaining to you why you suck, because not doing so could cause the team to lose :P

I'm on PC mainly, I don't think I'll be buying SSFIV for the PS3 as I don't really play SFIV on it anymore

The solution to all our problems is for everyone to get the PC version :P it's compatible with all controllers, and also allows for chat simply via some messenger (i.e. steam of xfire) Plus, it would be easier to handle voice comms over something like vent or mumble.

I'll be getting it for both as the PC version will be the best but will be months later than the console version so I'll be getting it for the ps3 while I wait.

Oh and actually forget team 3s idea and re-name it team Rushdown ;) Pussies need not apply :p muahhahaha

Kiki, I main the fat man, but I've having great fun messing with people's heads using Seth recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Farzad if anyone's claiming the "all talk no play" place on the team it's not Ry... :pac:

• Advertisement

Kiki, I main the fat man, but I've having great fun messing with people's heads using Seth recently!

I thought you mained Balrog? Have you been to the meets yet? There was a new lad there who played Balrog last time I was there which is over 2 weeks now. I thought that might have been you. Do you play on ps3? Bah I'm probably mixing you up with someone else.

Advertisement