Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mid season break for universe?

• 28-11-2009 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

when is it back on in ireland or america?

when is episode 11 airing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,629 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

TBA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

did they give any info? obviously it will be after christmas but i heard march-ish

that cant be right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

Yeah, it'll be March or maybe even April. Same with V, apparently.

It's the craziest custom I ever heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

with any luck either sky or that canadian station will start back up early jan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Yes it's very annoying! They do it to all most of the shows here. AS I recall Sky have always continued to show them ahead of the US. This was the case with SG-1 and most recently BSG.

• Advertisement

LoGiE wrote: »
    Yes it's very annoying! They do it to all most of the shows here. AS I recall Sky have always continued to show them ahead of the US. This was the case with SG-1 and most recently BSG.
    there you see - no need to bitch about me doing the polls :pac:

if it follows the trend of most SG1 seasons it will be back by the 2nd week in january. or, it could be march. heh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

and lost about that time

grades slipping slipping gone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Nope Sky One are following the US and taking the break also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Continuum is on instead of it tomorrow night on Sky One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

LoGiE wrote: »

They started at the same time (basically) here and in the U.S for Universe though so we're going to have the break too..I would guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

Did they say they were showing the next ep and then taking the break??

Pretty much.

The episode trailer calls it the Midseason Finale.

**May Contain Spoilers**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

They will have to take a break. Remember when Sky showed a few episodes of a season of BSG a couple of DAYS before the American version. The resulting downloads from american viewers hurt the shows american ratings and Sky were forced to alter their schedule to show after the american version.

A 3-4 month break where all the episodes from sky HD get torrented would not be palatable to American Networks/advertisers.

Good News everyone!

goodnews.jpg
    Ratings data for all nine hours of Stargate Universe aired so far is in, courtesy of our friends at TVbytheNumbers.com. After slipping steadily in live viewership following the season high of “Air, Part 3,” the show’s numbers have started climbing again over the past two weeks.

Here’s the rundown of how many viewers tuned in to Syfy on Friday nights:

EPISODE (air date) |VIEWERS (million)
    Air, Part 1 (Oct. 2) | 2.346
    Air, Part 2 (Oct. 2) | 2.346
    Air, Part 3 (Oct. 9) | 2.447
    Darkness (Oct. 16) | 2.099
    Light (Oct. 23) | 2.015
    Water (Oct. 30) | 1.974
    Earth (Nov. 6) | 1.626
    Time (Nov. 13) | 1.802
    Life (Nov. 20) | 1.891

This chart doesn’t include “Live + 7 Days” ratings, which measure DVR-delayed viewing for the week following an episode’s broadcast. SGU gets a significant boost from delayed viewing. Syfy announced in late October that the first few episodes of the season were averaging 2.85 million viewers and a 2.1 rating in “Live + 7″ numbers (story).

Various sources also indicate that, all-in-all, the “Live + 7″ numbers have increased as the Friday night viewership has fallen — meaning the audience is still there, but has time-shifted more since the series’ premiere.

“While the same day numbers have down-ticked somewhat, the DVR percentages continue to rise,” SGU writer/producer Joseph Mallozzi said on his blog. “What does that mean? Well, we’ve retained all of our audience from the premiere — which is pretty damn impressive.”

Note that the “HH Rating” numbers published at TV by the Numbers, ranging from 1.5 for “Air” to 1.1 for “Earth” and “Time,” do not correspond to the average household ratings numbers released by Syfy Channel. The show’s top-rated episode (”Air, Part 3″) earned a 1.8 rating on that scale.

SGU "Air" - Everett Young The Friday night slot continues to be a tough one for genre shows, with television viewership as a whole lower than most other nights of the week. Universe’s early competition this fall was FOX’s Dollhouse, which was pulled off the air for the November sweeps period and has already been cancelled.

But Stargate Universe seems likely to be renewed, considering the ratings improvement from the last season of Stargate Atlantis (1.24 “Live + Same Day” average rating) and the network’s overall commitment to the franchise. SGU is Syfy’s second-highest rated show for the fall season (behind Ghost Hunters). With so much effort put into launching a new incarnation of Stargate this year, these numbers should be enough to get the show a second year.

Optimistic about their prospects (or knowing something we don’t know), in fact, the show’s writers have already started actively working on the first batch of episodes for Season Two. They’ll have to be ready to start filming in late February (or perhaps early March, after Olympic fever has left the city of Vancouver).

Just when will the announcement about the show’s fate come? In previous years when Stargate has aired in the fall, Syfy waited only a month or so before announcing the renewal (as in Season Four of Atlantis). Since the last episode of the season is only a few days away, we’re hoping to see a press release soon after that, when the network has ratings data for all 10 episodes to tout.

The second half of Season One won’t begin airing until April, weeks after filming on a second season will have commenced.

Head over to TVbytheNumbers.com for more ratings details. The mid-season finale of Stargate Universe airs Friday, December 4 at 9 p.m. (8 Central) on Syfy!

After the curtain falls on episode 10, GateWorld will have extensive coverage of the season so far all winter long.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/12/stargate-universe-ratings-recap-renewal-likely/

April sucks, but hey, 2nd season effectively a go.

Joss Whedon must be piiisssed. I cant believe he let himself get screwed by FOX, again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Overheal wrote: »
    Good News everyone!

goodnews.jpg

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/12/stargate-universe-ratings-recap-renewal-likely/

April sucks, but hey, 2nd season effectively a go.

Joss Whedon must be piiisssed. I cant believe he let himself get screwed by FOX, again.
    whedon is only in it to be a cool kid or something, if he was interested in telling a good story he would have approached sci-fi years ago, he has great ideas but approaches them in the wrong way, sci-fi doesnt work on network tv, you wanna make a show with a sci-fi premise head to any number of cable networks, showtime would be a great one, its the home of stargate, it also has high quality shows like dexter and californication, shows that would have been cancelled midway through there first seasons on ABC or any of those networks,

i hope the second half of season 1 picks up, season 2 is a go for certain, always was on syfy, im looking forward to see how they advance the story,

4 month break now though, all shows will be taking 2-3 month breaks in the next 2 weeks, why is that when most people are on holidays they stop showing quality tv

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭IR240474

Hey,

I think i missed one of the episodes! Does anyone know anywhere on line to watch??

Cheers..

IR......

Stargate Universe!! I mean...

IR240474 wrote: »
    Hey,

I think i missed one of the episodes! Does anyone know anywhere on line to watch??

Cheers..

IR......
    syfy.com or hulu.com

Thanks!!

Just went to both sites, and it seems that out side the US of States, these can't be watched... Does anyone know a work around to view them in Ireland??

• Advertisement

Just went to both sites, and it seems that out side the US of States, these can't be watched... Does anyone know a work around to view them in Ireland??
    Nope, and doing so would be illegal. Cant help you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Sky player has some of the episodes. It's free if you have a Sky 1 subscription.

Thanks lads!!

Found it on You tube.....

Ah Shyte quality tbh. Hulu streams at 1Mbps :) not bad. Not bad.

Ah Shyte quality tbh. Hulu streams at 1Mbps :) not bad. Not bad.
    It is, but at least you can get to see it. I can't get hulu to work for me outside the states? How are you watching them?

Stargate Universe - Justice is on tonight.. A week late....!!

I don't have to watch it on youtube today, Sky + and fast forward the adds!

It is, but at least you can get to see it. I can't get hulu to work for me outside the states? How are you watching them?
    The clue is in the location.

The clue is in the location.

Summerville, SC 29483

Advertisement