Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Delivery with Peats

Options
  • 28-11-2009 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Just to make you aware that we are now offering free delivery within Ireland at Peats. If you spend over €50 and the weight of the items are under 25kg then you pay nothing. This should cover any of you folks who may buy something from us.

There are some instances where a charge might be incurred such as the item(s) being over 25kg or if insurance needs to be added (generally only when an item is really really expensive). So for the vast majority of you lot postage should be free.

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/about.cgi?id=delivery_options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

You guys keep it up and my 3V card will stop being used lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

thats pretty cool, and great to hear but its still way cheaper to order from the uk. Not trying to knock your stuff but e.g. you can buy a HDMI->DVI connector off amazon.co.uk for under £5, your options are 39.95EUR and 80.00EUR. Also the prices of nvidia 260's and 4870's are way higher

Even the i7 processor section doesnt actually say what i7 cpu it is, i know it will is a 920, but only because i have to look at the product code BX80601920SLBCH, also thats the C0 and you dont offer the D0.

I mean thats just from visiting peats.com for the first time in 6 months and clicking on a few random things within 7 or 8 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

lmimmfn wrote: »
    thats pretty cool, and great to hear but its still way cheaper to order from the uk. Not trying to knock your stuff but e.g. you can buy a HDMI->DVI connector off amazon.co.uk for under £5, your options are 39.95EUR and 80.00EUR. Also the prices of nvidia 260's and 4870's are way higher

Even the i7 processor section doesnt actually say what i7 cpu it is, i know it will is a 920, but only because i have to look at the product code BX80601920SLBCH, also thats the C0 and you dont offer the D0.

I mean thats just from visiting peats.com for the first time in 6 months and clicking on a few random things within 7 or 8 mins.

I'm not saying our prices are fantastic, clearly they are dearer than alot of online shops. I'm merely letting you know that generally speaking post is now free which might be handy for the odd good deal you spot.

I'm not saying our prices are fantastic, clearly they are dearer than alot of online shops. I'm merely letting you know that generally speaking post is now free which might be handy for the odd good deal you spot.
    fair enough, no ive said already its pretty cool to get free postage, just thought id highlight things is all, site needs updated on component detail, e.g. 920 cpu i mentioned etc.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    fair enough, no ive said already its pretty cool to get free postage, just thought id highlight things is all, site needs updated on component detail, e.g. 920 cpu i mentioned etc.

I know but as I've mentioned many times in the past we are a bricks and mortar store, we simply can't compete with the likes of Kompett, Scan etc. We do try our best and occasionally we succeed.

• Advertisement

I know but as I've mentioned many times in the past we are a bricks and mortar store, we simply can't compete with the likes of Kompett, Scan etc. We do try our best and occasionally we succeed.
    thats cool, and honestly im really not trying to be negative, just shoot the guy who did some of the web updates :). Theres a serious lack of sites and bricks and morter shops in ireland that provide cables that you might need at decent prices( fair enough theres the expensive gold adapters but 90% of us dont need that ). Id buy a HDMI->DVI cable for 10-15euro no probs even if i can get it for £5 from the uk, just for convenience.

I used to check your stuff online a few years ago just on the off chance, but havnt checked it in years, you should provide an incentive for folk to visit, whether it be weekly deals to get rid of old stock or whatever.

Anyways, ill say it again, good on ya for doing the free post and i am giving free bumps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I'll say it if no-one else has the balls to. Thanks for the fantastic offer, but after 20 years of repeated painful experience buying stuff from your crappy shop only because there was no alternative.

Every impulse buy I've made in your store I've regretted. Every return of faulty merchandise becomes a shouting argument of technobabble and fob offs simply for recognition of basic consumer rights (replacement or refund?).

So yeah, thanks, for the fantastic offer, but my green grocer offers local free delivery and doesn't want a medal for it, or feels the need to charge 10 euro for a f*ckin' carrot to recoup the cost.

...I just read the offer again

...insurance cost for the free delivery?!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...if your order is really expensive? Wait until i get this straight, I spend 30,000 euro in your shop on a giant plasma TV. and you have the cheek to charge insurance on the 'free delivery'. suck my hairy one Peats of Parnell St.

Wow. That's all I can say. I'm sorry if you've had nothing but bad experiences shopping with us, truely I am.

I will say that your experience of returning faulty goods doesn't reflect the experience of the majority of our customers. In most cases we have an agreement with manufacturers/distis that unless an item has been physically damaged then it's a case for a straight swap out, in order to make the situation as painless as possible for the customer.

We are in business 75 years this year and have lots of return customers. We wouldn't still be here if we didn't respect customers rights so I'm sorry that you seem to have had a repeat problem in regards to this.

Insurance in some cases is requested by the delivery company. We DO NOT slap on the charge, it is decided by the delivery company. If we don't charge it then they don't ship it. This is very rarely applied and generally only if something is expensive. It makes sense.

All online retailers charge you delivery costs so I'm baffled why you think our offering free delivery in the majority of cases isn't reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Spacedog wrote: »
    I'll say it if no-one else has the balls to. Thanks for the fantastic offer, but after 20 years of repeated painful experience buying stuff from your crappy shop only because there was no alternative.

Every impulse buy I've made in your store I've regretted. Every return of faulty merchandise becomes a shouting argument of technobabble and fob offs simply for recognition of basic consumer rights (replacement or refund?).

So yeah, thanks, for the fantastic offer, but my green grocer offers local free delivery and doesn't want a medal for it, or feels the need to charge 10 euro for a f*ckin' carrot to recoup the cost.

...I just read the offer again

...insurance cost for the free delivery?!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...if your order is really expensive? Wait until i get this straight, I spend 30,000 euro in your shop on a giant plasma TV. and you have the cheek to charge insurance on the 'free delivery'. suck my hairy one Peats of Parnell St.

T00l

I used to hate peats. But as of late i am very happy with the direction they are going!.

Kintarō Hattori Well done, Every little helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

I always find Peats a great place to buy components

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Spacedog, unacceptable post. There's a difference between posting that you've had difficulties with a company and rabidly attacking them much less another poster who works for said company. And that virtually unconcealed f-word is plain bad form and could easily offend other Boardsies' sensibilities. Consider yourself warned.

Blazher, if the post seems unacceptable then state it in your post and/or mark it for moderation. Do not launch your own personal counterattack, you'll only get yourself in trouble. Like you have now.

Seriously, KH gives everyone a nice little heads-up and people start acting the maggot... Any more bad behaviour on this thread and its getting locked, stripped and the salient point temporarily stickied. I was hoping that I wouldn't even have to sticky it due to constructive debate. Oh well... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Solitaire wrote: »
    Blazher, if the post seems unacceptable then state it in your post and/or mark it for moderation. Do not launch your own personal counterattack, you'll only get yourself in trouble. Like you have now.

I am shocked. Spacedog did a all out attack on poor Kintarō Hattori and he only gets a warning.

I type two random letters and two random numbers ( not even a word - furthermore it wasn't even directed at anyone! ) and i get a warning :D

But all joking a side. Peats have changed alot of the years. I said on another thread, I would be more then happy to pay 5-10% over the online prices if i could go in and pick it up the same day! But any more then 10% is a bit much i fear.

But i know you are looking for new stock at cheaper prices. Just remember to keep passing it down to us :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Just on balance, I've gotta say I've returned a few things to Peats over the years and I've never had an ounce of bother.
    Granted, the prices aren't that great, stock-levels are iffy and they do carry those stupid gold-plated cables/connectors, but the staff are good and I've found them decent about replacing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

Can I ask Kintarō
    Do Peats have the Sapphire HD5850 Graphics Card in stock yet?

Gerb68 wrote: »
    Can I ask Kintarō
    Do Peats have the Sapphire HD5850 Graphics Card in stock yet?

We will have two in tomorrow but they are gone on deposits I'm afraid. I'm told though that from here on in we can expect at least 2 HD5850's a week and perhaps the same for the HD5870. Going by that it looks like supply shouldn't be as bad an issue as it was.

I can keep you updated here if the mods please, or not. What the disti says and what actually happens can be two different things.

Advertisement