Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goal Mile - Christmas 2009

• 28-11-2009 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Thought this could be useful...usually go for a run on Christmas morning before the big dinner so as not to feel bad about eating and drinking too much so may incorporate a Goal Mile into my run.

Anyways thought it might be useful if there was a list of venue's hosting the Mile in one location

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The goal website usually has a list closer to the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Locations and times for this year.
    http://www.goal.ie/fundraising/GOALMiles09.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

Thanks Beep

Is it an entry fee or just a donation on the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,540 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hmm.. Would love to do this (I say this every year!). The Greystones one:
    [EIRE OG GAA Grounds] is that on grass (i.e. XC?!).

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

Hmm.. Would love to do this (I say this every year!). The Greystones one:
    [EIRE OG GAA Grounds] is that on grass (i.e. XC?!).

Does running round a football pitch qualify as cross country? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Malahide or Tallaght for me this year, will just give me a reason to get a sneeky 5 miles , sure you'd have to do at least 2 mile warmup/Down :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,540 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Does running round a football pitch qualify as cross country? :confused:
    It did for the 77 of us at the Dublin XC intermediates last week (http://connect.garmin.com/activity/19790648).

My point was: xmas day, running around a pitch will be quite wet and muddy, and is more likely to be XC-like conditions, than a nice fast surface like say, Charlesland track. If I'm doing it, I might head for Belfield instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

I do this every year (although this is the first year that I'll actually be running it lol). I usually incorporate it into the Mutts Christmas Day walk in the Phoenix Park. Last year the weather was perfect for it. It was on grass in the Phoenix park but conditions were nice and dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Thanks Beep

Is it an entry fee or just a donation on the day?

Depends where you do it. The one in Cork IT just has a donations box where you drop in some money and do as many miles as you like. I think other GOAL miles have a fee per race.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jupiter36

I've done it in the Phoenix Park where they have a donation bucket; no set fee. It is a lovely way to start your day and certainly eases the guilty conscience when you are over indulging later in the day;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement