Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 2330 internet settings?

• 28-11-2009 1:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I got it in the uk and im using vodafone,you cant download the settings and the settings are preprogrammed into the phone. Any ideas on how i can get vodafone internet up and running on it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Have a look through the FAQ sticky and it should help you out with the settings. Give us a shout if any issues.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055516939

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This is not a 3g phone remember, so you can only use the 'live' settings.

In settings > connectivity > packet data, then go to packet data settings > Edit active access point, put in 'Vodafone live' as the 'alias for acess point'. Press ok.

Then go down to 'packet data access point' and put in 'live.vodafone.com' and ok again. Press back and go into 'active access point' and you should see 'vodafone live', then click on it to activate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

I've had a look through the link and the problem with nokia 2330 is that its set up differently to other nokia's the settings are preprogrammed into the phone,hard to alter and settings cant be sent to it. I'm still trying to work my way around it but no luck YET

I cant even find a place to put in address settings :S

Ok this is doing my nut in

does anyone know specifically for the nokia 2330 if i switch to any network in ireland can they send me the settings in a message?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

you should be able to call the customer care and ask them to send the setting down to you.
    you can with meteor

• Advertisement

ronano wrote: »
    Ok this is doing my nut in

does anyone know specifically for the nokia 2330 if i switch to any network in ireland can they send me the settings in a message?

You can send yourself the settings online from the o2 site. Did you try the settings from my previous posts?

I did davy but no joy,it's most likely part confusion on my part as to where everything is now on the handset compared to older handsets. I googled other solutions and no one seems to have any joy either on irish or uk network (for uk i just did all the steps but put in relevant irish settings). I'll check the o2 lark in a second but even on nokia site you dont have an option to send the settings to your mobile

thanks for the reply

Nokia removed that option last year unfortunately. It will work in o2 from the settings you send yourself, i have checked it out. If you dont want to switch, ring vodafone and get them to send you the settings pronto

aw thanks davy,you're a star :)

Will you try; Settings > configuration > personal configuration settings > my access point > account name= vodafone live, and press ok.

> access point settings > bearer settings > packet data access point = live.vodafone.com, press ok.

> network type = IPv4

> authentication type = normal

> username = dublin

> password = dublin

• Advertisement
Advertisement