Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Experiments C&C

• 28-11-2009 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭

Tried out a few new techniques last night, would love to get some C&C on them.

I realise these images may not be traditional images, but i like coming up with obscure and abstract ideas. So I accept not everyones gonna like them :o

4137819185_bc596e2322_b.jpg

4137809313_e0029b9084.jpg

3. My attempt at star trails.
    11457_211992951060_641561060_4736118_546160_n.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Fantastic stuff dan, only thing I can see is maybe a tidy up on the right hand side of the 1st image a few stray red dots ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Really like the first image but I'd remove the star trails from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

1 and 2 have never seen the like before, well done it's like a great sci-fi effect - blue led on the end of a string I'm guessing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

Thanks very much guys :)

Yeah i noticed the red dots right after I posted, Thankfully they didn't come out in the prints tho :)

And the star trails, I like them :o So i like to leave them in, but i suppose some people won't like'em!

Yeah its a LED on a string. To make the orb takes a lot of practise tho. But its great fun learning it :)

Gonna be doing some more stuff like this soon! Have plenty of more ideas on how to make it better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Star trails aren't bad, but #1 and #2 are very good. Especially #1. The reflection puts the icing on the cake for me.

Would love to see more of this from ya. It's something I've been meaning to try for ages but didn't get around to it yet.

• Advertisement

Thanks karma :)

Love the reflection myself.. Glad it turned out just the way i wanted it to lol.

I'll be sure to post my new ones up when i do them!

Thanks for the cool comments guys ;)

I'm horribly self critical and seem to go off my images about an hour or two after taking them! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭3-D Preacher

I'm also not a huge fan of star trails, but the other two photographs are lovely examples of light drawing. The first image would make a great desktop background for a widescreen monitor, though as a photograph, the darkness on the left keeps drawing my attention away from the intended focus of the image.

Ha, thanks! Its actually my desktop background right now :)

I'm fixing them up in most areas mentioned in this thread. Thanks a bunch for the C&C, It helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I wouldn't change anything about one I think the red dots add to the shot #1
    I wouldn't change anything in #2

But in #3 I find the brightness of the house a bit over powering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

super effect of the blue LED. what settings did you use for the star trails?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

i think the thing that works so well with the first one is the reflection in the water. Most of us have seen the LED orb done before, but what makes it yours is the setting you choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Excellent work. Particularly the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Number 1 is great. a great idea, very original (to me anyhow)

Advertisement