Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Sequencer

• 28-11-2009 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I'm looking for a cheap sequencer, preferably tracker style, that can be opperated live with a footswitch or other midi control element, for scrolling through patterns. Is this asking too much already? Before anyone mentions it, i cant afford ableton as of yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭phileeoonskee

Never mind, i seem to have found one. ReVSTiT in case anyone's looking forr something like this. will post later, let yis know how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

do please, id be intersted to see how that works . i use cubase myself but it wouldnt be a good sequencer for performing live .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Trackers are quite time consuming? you could probably work something out for live performance using numerology - mac only

dont have a mac , just a laptop.

empirix wrote: »
    Trackers are quite time consuming? you could probably work something out for live performance using numerology - mac only

I've been fiddling around with MadTracker2 for a few years now, so hopefully wont take that long to get used to it.
    Its a great program, for "that kind" of composition, but i wouldn't go live with it.

• Advertisement

if i was to do a live set id love to do it without a laptop. just hardware sequencers and a synth if i could .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 thrush

hey dood, have a look at renoise. it's a really decent tracker. i use it all the time...really deadly daw. it has a full demo you can d/l and it's not that expensive to buy a ful licence (50 yo)...

if i was to do a live set id love to do it without a laptop. just hardware sequencers and a synth if i could .

then you would want a Genoqs - simply the best!

I know what you mean. Feel's like unprotected sex with a strange woman, immoral and unsafe. But as for flexibility...etc.etc.

Those look pretty damn beautiful.

• Advertisement

Those look pretty damn beautiful.

yeah but you pay for beauty!

just looking at it now , looks great. mad expensive too

Advertisement