Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flu spreading in Europe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

bonkey wrote: »
    I should have said, in the previous post, that someone made the claim, because on further reflection, Moshe (or whoever it was) didn't actually predict anything. They claimed they had evidence that something was occurring.

Incidentally, for those who want to point out that there's still something suspicious about Ukraine popping up on the radar at all, I would point out that starting in April a mutation of flu has been observed in at least the following countries:

Brazil, China, Japan, Mexico, Ukraine, the US and Norway.

The mutation has been found in cases ranging from mild to fatal in nature.

I haven't read the sources myself but I'd take Bonkey's word for it.

Flu mutates all the time and has as far back as we can tell, what's the CT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

I'm not sure what the conspiracy is. The World Health Organisation are well aware of these mutations, (which have turned up in people with mild cases as well as fatal cases). It has been reported in Brazil, China, Japan, Mexico, Ukraine, Norway, the US and now France.

It is a bit worrying, and I hope the virus does not mutate to the point of becoming resistant to the vaccine availible at the moment, but lets be clear about the thing. No-one is trying to hide this from the public. Theres no conspiracy.

Link to WHO briefing on H1N1 mutations

Edit......Just seen your post Meglome.

Advertisement