Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should the Bishop stay or go?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 deadinterest

8 people say he should stay.

I'm genuinely interested to know why?

Because some people will defend anything to appear religous.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

About time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Only issue is who we get now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I hear this guy is in the running to make a return.

http://www.facebook.com/bishoplenbrennan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

What about the dark days between 11am and whenever they appoint a new Bishop?

- What will Limerick City and County be like for this resurgence of the dark ages?

People forgetting how to bless themselves, Pensioners gutting each other in the Streets with letter openers, People forgetting the promises made during Communion and Confirmation and blaspheming on the way to work :(

God help us all until the next pious little pointy-hatted, nonsense talking Hypocrite shows up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Im amazed that this devious toad of a man is being given the choice to decide, he should be arrested and charged as he covered this despicable crime up time and again.

This should not even be up for debate and how he can drag this out as long as he has is disgusting and yet another sign that there is one rule for us and another for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As soon as he steps down and steps out onto the public road the Gardai should arrest him.

I would love to be there to tell him "The Lord will judge you"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

To the 8 people who somehow think this man should not resign, have the courage of your convictions to put your hand up and explain why.
    Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

Berty wrote: »
    As soon as he steps down and steps out onto the public road the Gardai should arrest him. quote]

would somebody need to make an official complaint against the bishop (ex) for him to be arrested/charged? just from a "by the book" point of view...I don't know, maybe its already been done by someone.

As soon as he steps down and steps out onto the public road the Gardai should arrest him.

would somebody need to make an official complaint against the bishop (ex) for him to be arrested/charged? just from a "by the book" point of view...I don't know, maybe its already been done by someone.

I doubt it. A crime was still committed. Perverting the course of justice. A crime is still a crime. It doesn't matter if it's reported to the Gardai or not.

If the Gardai are driving along and find a black bin bag full of guns Im sure they will take it away. They will not wait from somebody to call them up to say there is a bag of guns.

If the Gardai read the newspapers then they will know that a crime was committed by the Bishop and therefore should take action.

They should have done this by now and not wait for him to flee the country to the Vatican. If I tried to leave the country for not paying a TV license they would be all over me!!

• Advertisement

Liam79 wrote: »
    To the 8 people who somehow think this man should not resign, have the courage of your convictions to put your hand up and explain why.
    Please.

Where did those mystery 8 people come from?

Well if you want to hear weak excuses, defence of the indefensible, self-righteous pontificating, denial of the obvious and indefensible, self-serving a la carte belief systems its all here, word without end, 24/7 365.

Right now the Pope and the Dope are passing gold serving trays of Cocaine and Caviare between their gilded velvet-upholstered Vatican chairs and talking sentimentally about the good old days when the Abused were silenced, the Government were uninterested and the Media didn't dare to print a paragraph....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Limerick really has had bad luck with bishops of late criminal acts by this one and the previous a roaring alcoholic. Wonder who we will get next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

sioda wrote: »
    Limerick really has had bad luck with bishops of late criminal acts by this one and the previous a roaring alcoholic. Wonder who we will get next

Monsg Liam Boyle would be a good choice.
    Patron to the Irish Soccer team and all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

If he helped cover up these beasts actions he should be jailed i don't understand why people say he should say, he effectively played a part in the abuse by covering it up and the Irish justice system should come down hard on all the abusers and the people who helped cover it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Events have superceded this thread. therefore I will now close it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement