Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Club V Country

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Rondolfus wrote: »
    I like the way a user called "Gavin shels" thanked this post. lol

I'm sure he feels the same way about Shels, not hard to work out there Rondy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Yes
    Then why would it be frowned upon if an Irishman supported England or Brazil? Yet he can support any club he likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Rondolfus

baz2009 wrote: »

Thanks for clearing that up.....but don't call me "Rondy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Picking the country you support! Hah, Ive heard it all now.

How the hell does that work? I sort of envy people who are as shallow as that. Id love to don me yellow shirt and blue speedos and head off to Rio to support the selecao! Maybe Id learn abit of portuguese!

What would happen if Ireland met them in the world cup though? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

baz2009 wrote: »

Exactly, it's his mentality I was thanking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Agricola wrote: »
    By the same token, would that mean that if in say 20 years the premiership was no longer the glamour league in Europe and all the top players were playing in Serie A again, you would quit supporting an english league club because they were full of average players playing a kick and run game of football? Is that as far as your support goes?

the premier has been the "glamour league" in europe as you put it for what, 7 or 8 years max? before that it was viewed as somewhere for oul lads to go near the end of their career for a quick buck

youre putting words in my mouth by saying i support an english team coz theyre good? i support villa, who play woeful football at the minute. im also a drogheda united season ticket holder and supporter of the league of ireland.

average footballers have nothing to do with whether i like a team, league or flavour of the game

i dislike international football because i much prefer the week in week out format of league competitions. international football is too stop/start, and theres no opportunity for any real cohesion through familiarity amongst a lot of the squads. the mentality seems to be "dont lose" rather than "win" for an awful lot of teams. i could go on

there are many many reasons why i dont like international football, none of them have anything to do with the quality of players. i have no interest in watching brazil play argentina, for example. thats got nothing to do with ireland. the quality of the irish side have NOTHING to do with me thinking the international game is dreadful

Advertisement