Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Christmasland" in Peace Park

Options
  • 28-11-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see the Christmas Fest in Peace Park yesterday??

It was beautiful! Fake snow, santa, beautiful light decorations, christmas music!! You could buy roasted chestnuts, hot mulled mine etc. Now I really want to put up my tree!!!

Was it a once off thing does anyone know?? My younger brother would love to see it I'd say, I'd love to take him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I saw it yesterday before it opened. the sign said it's open Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday till Christmas. The park is closed the rest of the week.

4138754092_fe1e004871.jpg

(click for flickr and bigger)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Cool thanks, it was beautiful at night! Great stalls around it too for a small Christmas present.

Would definately recommend it if you've any children or younger siblings or even if you're just a big kid like me who wants to get into the Christmas cheer!
    • Santa for the kids!
    • Reindeer & other animals like mice and chipmunks (men in costumes) for photo opps.
    • A beautifully detailed house where a chipmunk was taking the letters for Santa and posting them.
    • An awesome carosel which they wouldn't leave me on :mad:.
    • It was snowing (fake but lovely) & they had beautiful decorations all over the park, fantastically lit up at night.
    It's different and if you'd be interested or if you want a quick cheer up for you or the kids you should definately go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Warning: going to this park single will make you want to insert a gun into your face. Trust me, took the long way home from work yesteday through it and came out the other side so depressed. Couples kissing in lit up archways, everyone with their arm around someone :(. boourns.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Passed it Saturday night after having a few beers, looked class. Will it seem the same sober?????????????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Was at it last year and twas really nice,especially the fake snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Sounds great! Our baby is only 12 weeks but he's a good disguise for us grown ups to have a look and a wander around :)

I love ideas like this, it would encourage people in to the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Passed it on Sunday and it looked lovely. The stalls outside were great. I got a gorgeous burger in one of them. Really lovely atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Steoob wrote: »
    Warning: going to this park single will make you want to insert a gun into your face. Trust me, took the long way home from work yesteday through it and came out the other side so depressed. Couples kissing in lit up archways, everyone with their arm around someone :(. boourns.
    haha so true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Webmonkey wrote: »
    haha so true

Pffft Grinches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

It was closed last sunday, lots of dissapointed kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

as in sunday the 29th?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

is there an official website for this?
    Anyone know the opening hours on Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭AddictedToYou

is there an official website for this?
    Anyone know the opening hours on Sunday?

http://www.cometocork.ie/christmas/story/christmas-in-cork/

Advertisement