Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trading in 20gig model for Elite

• 28-11-2009 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Howeya,

I am going to upgrade my old 20gig model to either the 120gig or 250gig elite model. I will probably trade it in for handiness sakes too.

What is the story with getting the information off of the old hard drive and onto the new one? I know there is a transfer cable but can they perform the transfer for you in store or what is the craic?

Also, there are a shed load of Xbox Arcade games and Rock Band songs that I purchased from Xbox Live. I assume that they will be find after they have been transfered over?

And finally, will the VGA cable that I use on the 20gig model work on the Elite? I assume it will?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Just upgraded my self yresterday.Have over 400 songs from rockband, was transfering them over initally with the bloody memory card and after about an hour of it I decided to just redownload them(once yo have you're gamertag transfered over, you don't pay to download them again), took ages but was less work than transfering 250mbs at a time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

Howeya,

I am going to upgrade my old 20gig model to either the 120gig or 250gig elite model. I will probably trade it in for handiness sakes too.

What is the story with getting the information off of the old hard drive and onto the new one? I know there is a transfer cable but can they perform the transfer for you in store or what is the craic?

Also, there are a shed load of Xbox Arcade games and Rock Band songs that I purchased from Xbox Live. I assume that they will be find after they have been transfered over?

And finally, will the VGA cable that I use on the 20gig model work on the Elite? I assume it will?

Cheers

Yeh i recently just got a refund on my halo 3 console. And got a new 250 gig super elite, Was great ! only thing ... that i lost all my old saves which was mega gay! Well what you could do is buy your new console first , ring microsoft in advance for the transfer cable they will send it for free trust me! and transfer the data on the hardrives.

However to save time waiting on the cable.. you could go to the store your trading your console in, which is game or gamestop or where??? and ask the manager to transfer your data to the new hardrive if he/she refuses go to another store and ask the manager to do it, dont ask the shop assistants they are arse bandits they know **** all!!! and wont know what your talking about! Note: it can take up to an hour or 2 for the data to transfer depending on the amount of stuff you have on it... so i would go into the shop in the morning or early afternoon,
    :)

And yeh i presume your using a monitor for gaming ? the vga cable will work fine same slots on the elite, a composite one and a hdmi one. ps HDMI cables are not supplied with the new elites,being the money robbing dips ****s microsoft are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ended up getting the 120gb Elite with Forza 3 and Modern Warfare 2 for 200 pounds in Newry. Have downloaded all my content to the new console but have yet to transfer the save games. A mate is going to hook me up with a memory card so I will use that and transfer the licenses to the new console afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Your VGA cable should work with the new xbox. You will have to redownload all the other stuff you bought online. I know gamestop offer a service were they transfer over all your saves and stuff. Maybe you could give them a shout.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Cheers!

Your welcome. Good luck with the new console.

I'm pretty much interested in doing the same. Just want to upgrade to the new jasper elite 120 gig version (don't know my game lingo but from researching jasper model is the one to go for) right ?

I need to trade it into a store where they will transfer my data on to the new hard drive. Does anyone know where this can be done in Dublin?

And how much am I expected to pay for the upgrade ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I wonder why you're all upgrading - surely a second hand larger hard drive would sort you out?

The Zephyrs and other older xbox models all play games just as good as the Jaspers :)

I've been getting a lot of disk read errors on my console and just thought the newer elites would run a bit better, am i wrong in that TouchingVirus ?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

If i have a 20gb console, how much will a 120gb elite cost if i trade it in against it ?

Cheers

LD.

• Advertisement

I've been getting a lot of disk read errors on my console and just thought the newer elites would run a bit better, am i wrong in that TouchingVirus ?

Thanks

Well the new drive is an improvement over the old ones - I wouldn't really consider this an upgrade though, more a chucking out the old/troublesome xbox in favour of a new one ;)

If i have a 20gb console, how much will a 120gb elite cost if i trade it in against it ?

Cheers

LD.

I dunno if Gamestop have a set price for old consoles, but they sell them for €120-150 so maybe it'll get you €80-100?

I wonder why you're all upgrading - surely a second hand larger hard drive would sort you out?

The Zephyrs and other older xbox models all play games just as good as the Jaspers :)

I got the 120gb Elite for 220 euro with Forza 3 and COD4 MW2 in a bundle. Got 80 euro trade in for the old 360 I have. Considering I was going to buy Forza 3 anyway and I sold MW2 for euro, I am down about 50 quid and up a brand new console and controller.

Advertisement