Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UKIP try to strike a deal with Tories

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's a real weird one. A pure publicity stunt really.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Furious-Dave

nesf wrote: »
    It's a real weird one. A pure publicity stunt really.

I don't think so. I think in the inevitability of a Tory win in the next election UKIP are trying to get whatever deal they can to support their agenda. Even though a referendum at this stage would be pointless it would still serve in stirring the sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I don't think so. I think in the inevitability of a Tory win in the next election UKIP are trying to get whatever deal they can to support their agenda. Even though a referendum at this stage would be pointless it would still serve in stirring the sh!t.

Well, there's no reason for the Tories to hold such a referendum which is why I think it was a publicity stunt. They can't have actually believed that the Tories would accept it no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭BetterLisbon

If the tories are falling short of enough seats to beat labour or a lab/lib electoral pact it could get exciting. Cameron was playing to the gallery with all his referendum promises (which he never was going to keep) as he had the luxury of the opposition benches. However UKIP may have the tories by the balls if labour bounce back or strike a deal with the libdems before the next election.

Advertisement