Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crow proofing bird feeders

• 28-11-2009 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Ive tried my best to stop crows/rooks taking all the food off my bird feeders. Ive put a cover over the hanging feeders to stop them hanging down to get the food but still they arrive in their droves and scare all the smaller birds away. Ive brought smaller meshed peanut and seed feeders but still they come and create havock.

I was thinking of hanging string with weights around the feeders, but im afraid it'll scare the smaller birds away?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭WHL

Usung a tip that I got, I hang my nut-feeder from about 12 inches of string. It swings around a bit but doesn't cause any problems for the small birds but keeps the crows away. I occasionally see crows but it is very rare

Advertisement