Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pompey vs United Match Thread

1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

PIG has been immense tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Just shows that even opposition fans like giggsy.

Impossible not to i guess. True professional.

United Legend.
    Only idiots wouldnt appreciate what a player he is. Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Giggsy's 36th Birthday today today, what a way to celebrate it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

PIG has done what he needed to do well but its standard for him to be a very good shot stopper. What holds him back is things like command of area, kicking/distribution and just generally organising. And today this hasnt really been tested.

But in fairness, he can only do what is asked of him and today thats what he did (getting close to the penalty too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Delighted for giggs class act.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

deisedevil wrote: »
    Giggsy's 36th Birthday today today, what a way to celebrate it!
    His birthday's tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Giggs a credit to his club and the sport.......the complete antithesis to T Henry imo

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

ITT-Pat wrote: »

This was ntlbell's response to someone saying Portsmouth should have scored more in the first half.

I'd just like to say that post was missing the point entirely. Someone said Rooney's goal at the start of the second half was "justice". I was saying that if anything, Portsmouth leading at the break would have been justice. No one is debating that united are a better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

CHD wrote: »
    Only idiots wouldnt appreciate what a player he is. Legend.

Aye I was just saying thats its nice to see. Refreshing when you hear a lot of opposing fans talking about hating players from other teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Great 2nd half performance but we really need our defense to tighten up. Carrick needs to kick into gear too, he's letting games pass him by far too often...

Good game overall from Valencia too, still needs to have more consistency with his final ball though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

simonw wrote: »
    I'd just like to say that post was missing the point entirely. Someone said Rooney's goal at the start of the second half was "justice". I was saying that if anything, Portsmouth leading at the break would have been justice. No one is debating that united are a better team.

Fair enough I hold my hands up, that part of my post was wrong. It was the other poster implying that ntlbell said that United are champions because they are beating Portsmouth that I was takling issue with.

Game of two halves. Pompy never took their chances in the first and united made them pay.

United's defence still looks a bit shaky.

Valencia looked ok today, his speed is unreal, final ball needs improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Valencia was much better today. Smart move to start driving the ball low and hard across the goal mouth if you aren't going to get them past the first defender, particularly when playing one up front.
    Nice to see Rooney get a hat - trick, the second goal was sublime!

Neville shouldn't be on the pitch never mind captain once O'Shea and Evans are back. He gets caught out too easily and then Brown always seems to be playing someone on side. Vidic was a bit of a tool for pulling on your mans jersey to give away the peno. No need for it at all.

First half was so boring and Pompey were all over us, nice to see us take control in the second half. Lovely free kick by Giggs too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

All the sentiment is great and well deserved for Giggs.

Bottom line though, he won a peno, set up Rooney and Scored a cracker.

Even at 36 he is still one of the best players in the league and vital to united.

Brilliant. Oh for a 22 year old Giggs again, I'd give you 80 million and Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Boggles did you put money on Rooney ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Headshot wrote: »
    Boggles did you put money on Rooney ?

Had it as a double, United 4-0, Rooney hatrick, Ref Fooked me. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jesus, what a pass from Giggs for the second goal. Just saw it there in MOTD. Absolutely sublime!!!!

Rooney's peno was a peno alright by the laws of the game, but he dived for it as well. Diving will never leave the game because it's encouraged!

The Portsmouth peno is an absolute joke!!!!! Mike Dean should be reffing a lower league game next week for that decision!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Boggles wrote: »
    Had it as a double, United 4-0, Rooney hatrick, Ref Fooked me. :mad:

That's what you get for being greedy. ;) In fairness though the odds for stand alone hat tricks are pretty pathetic. Anywhere between 20/1-30/1 usually, even an ourageous 16/1 for the likes of Torres/Ronaldo/Drogba etc etc, daylight robbery IMO.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    That's what you get for being greedy. ;) In fairness though the odds for stand alone hat tricks are pretty pathetic. Anywhere between 20/1-30/1 usually, even an ourageous 16/1 for the likes of Torres/Ronaldo/Drogba etc etc, daylight robbery IMO.

You think thats bad, i had twenty quid on Torres to get a hat-trick against Hull a couple of months ago!! I won at odds of 15/2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

monkey9 wrote: »
    You think thats bad, i had twenty quid on Torres to get a hat-trick against Hull a couple of months ago!! I won at odds of 15/2!

That is absolutely disgraceful, where did you put it on?

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    That is absolutely disgraceful, where did you put it on?

Paddy Power. I usually go Bet365, but i was walking by Paddy Powers and couldn't help it. I knew Torres would get a hat-trick that day, i just knew it. And so, obviously, did Paddy Power!!

Advertisement