Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Leary on RTE this morning , priceless!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Darragh29 wrote: »
    I know enough from your posts on this forum that you've been by far the biggest apologist on the forum for public sector beligerance and intransigence. No matter what the subject, your view is typcally that nothing needs to change, it's all just grand, no need to think outside the box or week out a new perspective...

I think you are a bit wide of the mark: my views are nothing like that. You are inventing a monster. Rather as you were here in claiming I was wrong when I said something that you also said.

So what it comes down to seems to be personal. You have created an image of me that happens to be inaccurate, and you are going to slay that monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

darragh your arguing semantics here.
    He's not. He's trying to get it through to the public sector workers on here that getting a business to a succesful state is one of the hardest, most stressful things any person will ever do.These people (ie entrepreneurs) should be cherished as it is THEY and not the bearded ones that will drag Ireland out of recession, if anyone does.

These bearded union twats like to tell employers how to run their businesses without ever taking on board the risk and stress of setting one up themselves. O'Leary hates it and I agree when it comes to Irish unions-they are responsible for many more job losses than they would like to admit to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

You don't know enough about me to pass that judgement; I suspect that you are operating in "private sector good, public sector bad" mode. I do like the way you slipped in selflessness as an entrepreneurial quality.
    Have you not been in the public sector most/all of your working life?
    Oh, I see. Take money from the employees and the public, and hold on to it. That money is not yours.
    PAYE and VAT in particular is a handy one for the state isn't it: A tax that is almost free of overhead for Revenue but which requires a shed load of paperwork by private individuals. A tax collected by private business and handed over to be squandered on the most overpaid public sector in the world.

If employers do start withholding taxes you can be guaranteed of swift action. It would take far to long to prosecute a large number of such employers and the country would be bankrupt (it already is but gets credit) very quickly. The government would be told in no uncertain terms by the Germans to cut pay in the PS and cut it quickly to get the txes flowing back in. It would be do that or cut off funding from the ECB and then the cuts would have to be made (probably) in a much more savage fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I think you are a bit wide of the mark: my views are nothing like that. You are inventing a monster. Rather as you were here in claiming I was wrong when I said something that you also said.

So what it comes down to seems to be personal. You have created an image of me that happens to be inaccurate, and you are going to slay that monster.

I'm bang on the mark and there is nothing personal in it at all.

I'm bang on the mark and there is nothing personal in it at all.

You have imputed to me views I have never expressed, and which I do not hold. That is dishonest. It is also contrary to the spirit of this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

You have imputed to me views I have never expressed, and which I do not hold. That is dishonest. It is also contrary to the spirit of this forum.

This is a political discussion forum not a personality discussion forum. It doesn't suit you to engage in political discussion on reform of the public service, everytime there is any discussion, your inputs become evasive and indifferent, that's my opinion, which you are of course free to accept or reject.

People in your position need to become persuaders for change with regard to your friends in the public sector and stop sitting on the fence and trying to placate people like myself who quiet frankly are sick of being told they have this inherent issue with public sector workers. If you guys start getting your house in order, nobody in the country will have an issue with you. You constantly drag down the dialogue to a personal level and refuse to rise up to the level of the debate. Here you are on here making out that the success of a large Irish company is down to some crowd of beaurocrats sitting around a shiny table somewhere, I can't imagine anything more offensive to any person who creates employment.

This is a political discussion forum not a personality discussion forum. It doesn't suit you to engage in political discussion on reform of the public service, everytime there is any discussion, your inputs become evasive and indifferent, that's my opinion, which you are of course free to accept or reject.

So it's not a personality discussion forum, but you feel that it is appropriate to comment on me?
    People in your position need to become persuaders for change with regard to your friends in the public sector and stop sitting on the fence and trying to placate people like myself who quiet frankly are sick of being told they have this inherent issue with public sector workers. If you guys start getting your house in order, nobody in the country will have an issue with you.

I am no longer a public sector worker, so I have no power to put anybody's house in order other than at a domestic level.
    You constantly drag down the dialogue to a personal level and refuse to rise up to the level of the debate.

That's rich. In this thread you have made general comments about me, some inaccurate, and some of which are offensive.
    Here you are on here making out that the success of a large Irish company is down to some crowd of beaurocrats sitting around a shiny table somewhere, I can't imagine anything more offensive to any person who creates employment.

That is a distortion of what I said. And, on the basis of that distortion, you have gone to war with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Safety car brought on to the track. Please slow down.

Less of the personal sniping, guys. Preferably none.

Particularly on this most holy[1] of days.

[1] Yes, budget day. I don't have any money.

Advertisement