Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Moores pub

Options
  • 28-11-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Walked by today and is starting to look good.
    Nicely done windows and nice lights inside, can't wait to try.
    Does anyone know when it's supposed to open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭D rog

Well I can now answer my own question. Opens this Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

http://www.drogheda-independent.ie/news/moores-pub-set-to-reopen-1961420.html

By Fiona MAGENNIS

Wednesday December 02 2009

MOORE'S pub at Sunday's Gate is to reopen after closing its doors in 2006.

The pub, which was established in 1908 by Michael Moore and run for almost 70 years by his daughter Peggy, is now owned by Michael Daly, formerly of Daly's of Donore.

He bought the pub in Donore in 1978 with his wife Anna, who sadly passed away in 2006, and after spending some time as a taxi driver, he decided it was time to get back behind the bar.

'It's something to keep me busy and occupy my time and I hope we'll make some new friends along the way as well as inviting in old friends from the past,' said Michael, who had given up hope on finding a small, cosy pub to open in Drogheda until he heard about Moore's.

'I was about to take a lovely little pub in Cheltenham before this came up but I just didn't go for it and I'm glad now I didn't.'

While many would baulk at the idea of opening a pub in the current economic climate, Michael is looking forward to the challenge and providing a cosy local for regulars and newcomers alike.

'At my time in life, I don't expect to make a fortune,' he laughed. 'Hopefully we'll be able to pay our way and run a nice, decent house. I'm looking forward to chatting to people and being in the mix of things.'

Most of these original artefacts are now proudly on display in the pub, which still retains much of its old world charm and Peggy is looking forward to being there for the grand opening on this Friday night, December 4th.

Fair play to him. Always wanted to have a drink in there. :)

Advertisement