Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Harmony Remote - Which one?

Options
  • 28-11-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭

Hey

Does any of you guys have these and what one would you think I should get for my set up?

Here's most of their line up - linky.

My set-up:
    Sony Bravia KDL40w5500 (TV)
    Motorola VIP1960 (Magnet's PVR)
    Xbox 360
    PS3 (not bothered to buy adapter for now!)
    Sony CMT-HP7 (mini Hi-fi)
    Powerfix Profi+ (Wireless radio remote control sockets with dimmer control from Lidl)

So that's 6 devices and will probably add any necessary stuff in future that I require so if you know what suits best let me know. Budget about €100 but could stretch if needed to get the right one.

Probably need the 895 for RF for the lights??

Any help appreciated, cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I am not 100% sure if the Logitech RF remote will work with the lidl RF lights. It is possible of course, but they may use different frequency bands. You can possibly check on the logitech site.

The main advantage of the RF remotes is that your equipment can be "out of sight" in another room or in a cupboard. I have done this albeit with a Philips Pronto remote as opposed to logitech harmony and find it brilliant.

If all your equipment is on show you would get away with the cheaper IR only logitechs, and worst case you would only have to do the lights separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

895 is discontinued while the RF is ONLY used for IR to RF. Same with the 900 series
    Harmony 700 will work fine. Covers most everything.

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Nice one lads.

Gonna get the 'one' or '700' depending on what price I can get them for.

If I find a good price it'll be going in the bargain forum.

Advertisement