Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1month skyplayer subscription

• 28-11-2009 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭

I got one of these free today with the xbox remote control. It has the sports and entertainment pack. After the month they expect you to take the pack at the full price but im sure there is an option to otp out. There is not dish required or leads or anything. Just a sky id and ur away. Im giving this away to whoever wnats it as im a sky subscriber and have no need for it. I am willin to post the card and details to whoever.
    thanks

ps there also 3months xbl with this but im keeping it. Got the gadget in harvey normans half price xbox ascessories sale today. Rrp 34.99

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

me please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

I'll pm u the code pal.
    enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

So you dont need the Sky dish or box to get the free 1 month sub??

This could be handy for the footy xmas period (><)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

moikey wrote: »
    So you dont need the Sky dish or box to get the free 1 month sub??

This could be handy for the footy xmas period (><)

You dont need sky but you'll need a credit card to register for sky player. After the first month they'll charge you to keep it unless you cancel the subscription.

I've been watching the football all day and the quality is decent, no lag at all. Although €30 is a bit pricey if you dont watch sport much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Are the games streamed in SD or HD?

• Advertisement

jester77 wrote: »
    Are the games streamed in SD or HD?

Definitely not HD. Watching the Arsenal game at the moment and i wouldnt even consider it SD. The quality is good, but not like what you get with a normal sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

Would a 3V credit card work??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Definitely not HD. Watching the Arsenal game at the moment and i wouldnt even consider it SD. The quality is good, but not like what you get with a normal sky box.

Anyone know what using skyplayer actually downloads? Say i watch a match for 2 hrs how much data is actually downloaded.

I don't want ot get stung for a huge bill for exceeding my download cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

mgsrocks wrote: »

Ah right, I was looking at the sample clip they have with Arsenal-Celtic and was not impressed with the quality. Watchable but a bit too jittery for my liking.

Anyone know what using skyplayer actually downloads? Say i watch a match for 2 hrs how much data is actually downloaded.

I don't want ot get stung for a huge bill for exceeding my download cap.

About 1GB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

jester77 wrote: »
    Ah right, I was looking at the sample clip they have with Arsenal-Celtic and was not impressed with the quality. Watchable but a bit too jittery for my liking.

The live channel is far better than the above clip

Advertisement