Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 £15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Yeah saw this earlier but unfortunately they don't deliver here.

From their terms & conditions:

Please note we only deliver to addresses within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Redisle wrote: »
    Yeah saw this earlier but unfortunately they don't deliver here.

From their terms & conditions:

Please note we only deliver to addresses within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

****. I got excited when I saw the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes me too......
    What are tesco selling it for here?

Now if there ever was a reason to do some cross border shoping this is it.....

Ive tried to order it twice now (to a uk address) but my card has been declined both times. Strange.

Any ideas why that is happening ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

they deliver to Ireland.

edit: their new site won't accept a made up postcode :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Ah for feck sake! :mad: Why can't they deliver to Ireland?

This thread makes me sad! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

is this price available in store in NI??

Tusky wrote: »
    Ive tried to order it twice now (to a uk address) but my card has been declined both times. Strange.

Any ideas why that is happening ?

Can noone shed any light on this ?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

According to the Hok Uk Deals forum this won't be honoured.

It's actually the orginal left4dead on offer but someone put in the wrong screenshot.

jayteecork wrote: »
    According to the Hok Uk Deals forum this won't be honoured.

It's actually the orginal left4dead on offer but someone put in the wrong screenshot.

The description down below is for Left 4 Dead 2 and the name is Left 4 Dead 2 so its not just a case of putting up the wrong picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Tesco Entertainment have sadly abandoned their ROI customers. I bought from them quite a few times over the last 15 - 18 months but their new web site is designed in such a way that you need to enter a valid UK postcode before you purchase anything.

This was their response a few days ago to my query
    Dear muffler,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your email. We do try and answer emails within 24/48 hours but have received more than we anticipated.

I appreciate a few emails have been exchanged regarding your enquiry and | can understand why this has been frustrating for you. I'm really sorry but you will be unable to order a DVD, to use our system you must register a UK postcode, as your home address does not have a postcode you will be unable to place an order.

May I reassure you that we are a company committed to provide the very best in terms of customer service. Therefore, it is most disappointing when a valued customer is unhappy with any aspect of our operations

I hope this information clarifies.

Ann Massie
    Tesco Entertainment
    See how she referred to me as a valued customer. Without a UK postcode Im a valued EX-customer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

muffler wrote: »
    Tesco Entertainment have sadly abandoned their ROI customers. I bought from them quite a few times over the last 15 - 18 months but their new web site is designed in such a way that you need to enter a valid UK postcode before you purchase anything.

This was their response a few days ago to my querySee how she referred to me as a valued customer. Without a UK postcode Im a valued EX-customer :(
    Lots of people use BT11AA as a code when ordering from England, maybe it will work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

ShaneU wrote: »
    Lots of people use BT11AA as a code when ordering from England, maybe it will work

Tried that earlier, although I think I entered it with a space half way through. AFAIR, it accepted it, but same as Tusky above, it decliened my credit card immediately afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Hmm, I wonder if it would accept a UK Entropay account.. signed up to that at some stage to avoid ryanair fees but it's bascially some form of UK Virtual Visa card, as long as you choose sterling when signing up.
    If someone has funds in an entropay account it might be worth a go.

http://www.entropay.com/

It has now disappeared from the site :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ah bollix!
    This is what happens when you leave the house at the weekend:(

/edit
    Item is back up on the site and order went through for me fine:) (UK address)

tman wrote: »
    Ah bollix!
    This is what happens when you leave the house at the weekend:(

/edit
    Item is back up on the site and order went through for me fine:) (UK address)

Still not there for me :(

I have a valid UK address also. If only the bloody thing would show up!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dave_live

Why can't things be this cheap in Ireland :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

dave_live wrote: »
    Why can't things be this cheap in Ireland :(
    Because you deal with people like this:

used_car_salesman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

If it's any consolation to you all, the offer on the Tesco website was an error. I recently moved to Edinburgh and saw the offer and put in the order. I received an email this afternoon saying the following:

Dear Customer,
    Thank you for your recent order with Tesco Entertainment for 'Left 4 Dead 2' for Xbox 360. Unfortunately, there was an error in the price at the time that you placed your order, and as a result we have had to cancel this item in your order. You have not been charged for this game and the remainder of your order will be dispatched as normal. We apologise for the inconvenience and would like to offer you £2 off your next order with Tesco Entertainment. Please enter eCoupon code XXXXXXXXXXXX at the online Entertainment checkout to claim your discount. This offer is valid until 31st December 2009. Please refer to our terms and conditions on the Tesco Entertainment site for further details of our order acceptance policy. If you would like to re-order the game, it will be available again this week on our website at the correct price of £36.71.

Kind regards,

Tesco Customer Service

Very, very annoying. I hope their bawls get mange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just after looking up the original deal on HUKD.. and it has over 2200 comments over 2 days!

Looks like it was cancelled for everyone unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Got the same email:(
    They really should have honoured orders from when they put it back up at the incorrect price though, i'll be giving them a piece of my mind anyway!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Just discovered that Tesco took £15 from me for this even after cancelling the order. I've demanded they send me the game now as they've taken the payment for it. I'll see what response I get. The frucking eejits.

Advertisement