Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

post grad primary where to apply??

• 28-11-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I am currently applying through gttr for the UK have completed an interview in Liverpool and failed to secure a place to not to optimistic about England.

Just wondering where is the best to apply for post grad primary MARY I or PATS?
    I have a "2.2 hons degree and diploma in Irish have some subbing and observation done but as you all know trying to get subbing is impossible well I have been called for one day since Sept. Now looking for after school homework clubs to get experience though they are swamped with volunteers. I really want to teach and it seems to be unsucessful so far.

Any suggestions to build up experience with primary school children? Will amount of experience and type of degree go against you in interview if it is not great?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

check out the fora on www.educationposts.com

• Registered Users Posts: 25 postgradprimary

check out the fora on www.educationposts.com

yeah I have kept up to date with all vacancies on education posts and send out cvs. They are all wanting qualified teachers and would not consider BA graduate like myself.I have sent out over 200 cvs or more since sept for subbing work and jobs advertised and noting has turned up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

don't mind the vacancies, you will get good info on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭hazeler

Any suggestions to build up experience with primary school children? Will amount of experience and type of degree go against you in interview if it is not great?

You could volunteer in a classroom. If you know any Principal or teachers well, you could ask them could you "observe" in the back of one of their classrooms for a couple of days. Explain to them what you need and why you want to do this.

Some teachers are great to let you do a subject or two during the day and you could be helping out in the class. Putting that you did some volunteer work on your application is great!

Hope this helps and good luck with it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 postgradprimary

hazeler wrote: »
    You could volunteer in a classroom. If you know any Principal or teachers well, you could ask them could you "observe" in the back of one of their classrooms for a couple of days. Explain to them what you need and why you want to do this.

Some teachers are great to let you do a subject or two during the day and you could be helping out in the class. Putting that you did some volunteer work on your application is great!

Hope this helps and good luck with it! :)

Yeah I have some lined up after Christmas so not to bad there. Just checked track for GTTR in Uk and got rejected from Leeds University so not looking great there.:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement