Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Through The Wall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Very good going J in tough conditions, especially given how you were feeling about it in the lead up. Congrats.

Good training for your next challenge... Flying with the twins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Really well done! That's a fantastic time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

FairPlay J. Enjoy the hols.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Nice J, and congrats on the NYQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Well done J enjoy the hols

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Another great performance. Well done.

Presume you ran home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Thanks everyone - attention now turns to Tuesday's Grant Thornton 5k Team Challenge. Hope I can recover sufficiently well to put in a decent shift for the team!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Nice run J.
    Pity you're not heading to NYC this year with the rest of the cool kids :rolleyes:

Best of Luck this evening. Enjoy!

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Best of Luck this evening. Enjoy!

Cheers Fbot. Still some residual stiffness in the legs from Saturday but will do my best!

• Advertisement

Killerz wrote: »
    Cheers Fbot. Still some residual stiffness in the legs from Saturday but will do my best!

Sub 17 so ;)

BTW did you see DB did 16:56 in St Anne's 2 weeks ago. Just sayin' :D

Sub 17 so ;)

Not impossible, but unlikely :)

Saw that, I reckon she has a shot at aoife taltys record in the near future. Glad I wasn't there that day to get chicked.

Not impossible, but unlikely :)

Saw that, I reckon she has a shot at aoife taltys record in the near future. Glad I wasn't there that day to get chicked.

I suggested to her on Saturday that 26th Sept might be a good day for her to give it a bash.....and she didn't say no!

Anyway back to the job at hand. Enjoy your outing this eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Sub 17 so ;)

ha, looks like that little motivational trick worked tonight.... :D Well done J!

and is that the same DB that did 16:06 tonight? wow.

annapr wrote: »
    ha, looks like that little motivational trick worked tonight.... :D Well done J!

I knew the DB comment would focus his mind:)

If it is the same DB then St Anne's record on the way out. That is a serious run. But more importantly it doesn't matter which DB it was, JK was chicked by her :D

Joking aside, J. That was another super run from you. Can't imagine what your times will be like when you get back to serious training. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Great run Jamie.

Was keeping an eye out for you while stewarding but managed not to spot anybody at all. Well done (whatever the time was)!

annapr wrote: »

Thank you Anna and yes she did.

I'm very happy. PB by 13 seconds off tired legs and 5th place for the team. Got some nice crystal for our efforts too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Thanks everyone - attention now turns to Tuesday's Grant Thornton 5k Team Challenge. Hope I can recover sufficiently well to put in a decent shift for the team!

And you did! Well done, PB-er and prize-winning team-member!

• Advertisement

Thank you Anna and yes she did.

I'm very happy. PB by 13 seconds off tired legs and 5th place for the team. Got some nice crystal for our efforts too :)

Well done J you're having some great results recently those babies musnt be keeping you awake at night .... Or is Mrs K being a very supportive wife !:)

All four of us work together as a team - each one of us knows our roles :)

Thanks for all the support and compliments.

Very happy with the time last night (16:45). Was great to get the team prize too and take home some crystal - which made it through post race pints in the ferryman!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Here I am, all up-to-date!

So many achievements and endurance, sweet baby Jesus. Well done.

aquinn wrote: »
    Here I am, all up-to-date!

So many achievements and endurance, sweet baby Jesus. Well done.

Thanks a mil, aquinn! It's been a fun running year alright - started off with low expectations and it seems to have worked out well thus far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Killerz wrote:
    Thanks a mil, aquinn! It's been a fun running year alright - started off with low expectations and it seems to have worked out well thus far!

Oh you misunderstood. I started at the start so all your mad achievements I read over the last few weeks. MAD some of them.

aquinn wrote: »
    Oh you misunderstood. I started at the start so all your mad achievements I read over the last few weeks. MAD some of them.

Oh I apologise for misunderstanding! Thanks for (I think) the compliment!

Long time since last post. Notable recent items:

Paced the Dublin Half with BeepBeep back on the 19th Sept. Great day out and super to see so many boardsies and St. Anne's parkrunners out there on the day.

St. Anne's parkrun had its second birthday on the 26th September. Another nice day, great fun and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Delighted to see the parkrun do so well, 100 events now held - here's to hundreds more!

My baby twins turned one on the 2nd October. It's been a long year, but the ups have far outweighed the downs. 'Tired' I would say has been the buzzword over the past 12 months, but I've learned a lot over that time. Managed to get a few nice runs in too, albeit over a lower training base.

Took the twins out in the running buggy there on Sunday morning for a long run. First time I have done over 7 miles with the buggy, and we did 16.5 miles from Raheny up to Howth Summit Car Park and back again, maintaining an average of sub 8-minute miles. The push up Howth (Dublin Bay side) was horrendously tough at times, but the morning was fabulous and was well worth it. Met a few familiar faces along the way too, and the twinnies even got happy birthday sung to them by Mrs Mc and her support crew (who I am not sure have boards names :) ) when we bumped into them on the way back along Sutton prom. I dropped the kids at home and continued on for a further 3 miles to bring myself up to 19.5 for the morning - my longest long run other than a marathon since last summer! I was fairly wiped for the rest of the day after that.

Next up is DCM pacing in late October. May get in a parkrun before then all going well.

Slacker. Push 'em up the Howth Village side next time.

Murph_D wrote: »
    Slacker. Push 'em up the Howth Village side next time.

Oh God no... hard enough to run up that with no buggy! Well I won't rule it out but not for now!

• Advertisement

Long time since last post. Notable recent items:

Paced the Dublin Half with BeepBeep back on the 19th Sept. Great day out and super to see so many boardsies and St. Anne's parkrunners out there on the day.

St. Anne's parkrun had its second birthday on the 26th September. Another nice day, great fun and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Delighted to see the parkrun do so well, 100 events now held - here's to hundreds more!

My baby twins turned one on the 2nd October. It's been a long year, but the ups have far outweighed the downs. 'Tired' I would say has been the buzzword over the past 12 months, but I've learned a lot over that time. Managed to get a few nice runs in too, albeit over a lower training base.

Took the twins out in the running buggy there on Sunday morning for a long run. First time I have done over 7 miles with the buggy, and we did 16.5 miles from Raheny up to Howth Summit Car Park and back again, maintaining an average of sub 8-minute miles. The push up Howth (Dublin Bay side) was horrendously tough at times, but the morning was fabulous and was well worth it. Met a few familiar faces along the way too, and the twinnies even got happy birthday sung to them by Mrs Mc and her support crew (who I am not sure have boards names :) ) when we bumped into them on the way back along Sutton prom. I dropped the kids at home and continued on for a further 3 miles to bring myself up to 19.5 for the morning - my longest long run other than a marathon since last summer! I was fairly wiped for the rest of the day after that.

Next up is DCM pacing in late October. May get in a parkrun before then all going well.

You were so fast that you didn't hear for they are jolly good fellows too !!!! Happy birthday twins :)

Advertisement