Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Through The Wall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Week ending 7th February

6 days to go til Donadea. Tough enough week. Garmin is causing me trouble so havent been recording the runs, save to say I know the length of the routes I ran this week from previous dalliances. All easy runs this week.

Monday: 6 miles lunch and 6 miles home from work
    Tuesday: 5 miles into work
    Thursday: 6 miles home from work
    Friday: 5 miles into work

Had a nasty fall getting onto the DART on my way home on Friday just after 5pm at Grand Canal Dock. Really hurt my knee, elbow, shoulder and pride. Surface was really greasy and had a fairly nasty upending. The 5 or 6 lads working their way through flagons of Linden Village found it funny, but no-one else around did and thankfully got some help.

Knee still sore as I headed out for a run this eve. Sore to kneel on when giving the two poo machines their bath this evening too. Hope I'll be okay for the main event on Saturday.

Sunday: 4 miles

Total this week: 32 miles

Plan for next week is just a couple of easy runs. Looking forward to giving it a lash on Saturday morning... and then hitting a few ales on Saturday night after 6 weeks off the sauce :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Killerz wrote: »
    Week ending 7th February

6 days to go til Donadea. Tough enough week. Garmin is causing me trouble so havent been recording the runs, save to say I know the length of the routes I ran this week from previous dalliances. All easy runs this week.

Monday: 6 miles lunch and 6 miles home from work
    Tuesday: 5 miles into work
    Thursday: 6 miles home from work
    Friday: 5 miles into work

Had a nasty fall getting onto the DART on my way home on Friday just after 5pm at Grand Canal Dock. Really hurt my knee, elbow, shoulder and pride. Surface was really greasy and had a fairly nasty upending. The 5 or 6 lads working their way through flagons of Linden Village found it funny, but no-one else around did and thankfully got some help.

Knee still sore as I headed out for a run this eve. Sore to kneel on when giving the too poo machines their bath this evening too. Hope I'll be okay for the main event on Saturday.

Sunday: 4 miles

Total this week: 32 miles

Plan for next week is just a couple of easy runs. Looking forward to giving it a lash on Saturday morning... and then hitting a few ales on Saturday night after 6 weeks off the sauce :)

Best of luck next week J that sounds like a nasty fall mind yourself this week :)

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Best of luck next week J that sounds like a nasty fall mind yourself this week :)

Thanks A. Fingers crossed for an uneventful week !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck Saturday, will give you a shout if I see you(think I know what you look like) giving the Boss a hand with marshalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Very best of luck next weekend!

• Advertisement

tang1 wrote: »
    Best of luck Saturday, will give you a shout if I see you(think I know what you look like) giving the Boss a hand with marshalling.

Thanks tang - if you're thinking: good looking run director from St. Anne's, it's me... well it could be FBOT I suppose ;) ... But please do identify yourself as tang (or wear something tangy) if giving a shout out as I am useless with boards names :)

I will have orange runners (somewhat tangy) on if that helps. Given the unpredictable weather, that's about all I can be sure about, outfit wise for Saturday.

Green jacket bald head if not cold, will be situated at the turn for the finishing straight.

Green jacket bald head if not cold, will be situated at the turn for the finishing straight.

Excellent - and a nice spot to be at - I should be in relatively decent form the first few times... and the last time I see you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Hope you're ok after that fall ? Sounded nasty. Best of luck for Saturday, hope it all goes to plan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

good luck on Saturday J, hope the knee is on the mend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Morning,

Are you ok to run this without the watch or do you need one? I've a pink one if suitable?

All the very best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Morning,

Are you ok to run this without the watch or do you need one? I've a pink one if suitable?

All the very best.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Might see you for few laps on Sat.

Not sure I'll be at your pace though.

Enjoy the run.

Enjoy the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Best luck Saturday J, hope body fully mended.

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Hope you're ok after that fall ? Sounded nasty. Best of luck for Saturday, hope it all goes to plan!

Thanks BG. No dog involved in my fall, but still hurt all the same :) Knee still not right.
    Firedance wrote: »
    good luck on Saturday J, hope the knee is on the mend!

Thanks, not quite right, just hope it won't start to niggle later on in the race. My headcold is my main enemy now :(
    aquinn wrote: »
    Morning,

All the very best.

I managed to source one for Saturday, thanks A. I do love pink though ;)
    Ferris B wrote: »

Enjoy the run.

See you there Ferris!

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    Best luck Saturday J, hope body fully mended.

Cheers KennyG - hoping two more night's sleep will help :)

Can I give you a bit of advice, stop smiling when your running you make it look much to easy!! Savage stuff today, top 20 in National Championships is fantastic, very well done J.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

He let that aul lad Matt Shields beat him though. Tut tut.

Nice going, Jamie, congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

wow, brilliant performance out there today J, tang is right, you make it look so damm easy!! well done, inspirational!

• Advertisement

Just brilliant today J. Well done.

PS. I hope you're having a few flagons of Linden Village to celebrate.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Ha, I think Jamie is more of a Devil's Bit man. :)

Great race today. As ever, very impressed by your huge range from the mile to ultra marathons and your level of performance in each

Well done today J great performance and still smiling. Good to see you and Mrs K and K juniors today. :)

Can I give you a bit of advice, stop smiling when your running you make it look much to easy!! Savage stuff today, top 20 in National Championships is fantastic, very well done J.

Thanks for the advice tang, was a pleasure looking forward to your cheers every lap - many thanks and I hope some day I get to repay the favour.
    Murph_D wrote: »
    He let that aul lad Matt Shields beat him though. Tut tut.

Nice going, Jamie, congrats!

Outstanding athlete and I have no complaints.
    Firedance wrote: »
    wow, brilliant performance out there today J, tang is right, you make it look so damm easy!! well done, inspirational!

I have to say the support from yourself and the crew was truly humbling today. I don't know what else to say except WOW
    Just brilliant today J. Well done.

Thanks my man!

Haha yeah
    Ha, I think Jamie is more of a Devil's Bit man. :)

Great race today. As ever, very impressed by your huge range from the mile to ultra marathons and your level of performance in each

That's some praise coming from you KU! Many thanks.
    Well done today J great performance and still smiling. Good to see you and Mrs K and K juniors today. :)

When I think back to two years ago and there was just two in the family... a lot has changed in the last 24 months... for the good I think. A lot of my smiling was down to you guys and the support... Meant SO much... Thank you :)

We just like making a show of you in public !!!

Well done today J, great performance:)

Well done today J, great performance:)

G what are you doing up at this hour if DG catches you during marathon training on boards at this hour you'll be on the bold step :)

G what are you doing up at this hour if DG catches you during marathon training on boards at this hour you'll be on the bold step :)

Only up at 8.30 in morning so will get full 8 hrs :p

• Advertisement

Only up at 8.30 in morning so will get full 8 hrs :p

8 hours sounds magnificent

Advertisement