Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

shanofin wrote: »
    Haha! You heard it here - Jedward will be on tomorrow night and Westlife!

Jedward won't be on it unless they have hired the star ship enterprise for the night. They are playing a gig in Oceana in Southampton tonight (£6 in if anyone is interested)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Must have hired the Starship Enterprise, they will be on tonight apparently... Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A chunk of the LLTS is filmed during the afternoon (too late for the little kids to stay up), so the Jedward piece might be pre-recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Also, gig in Southampton cancelled... Link
    X FACTOR rejects John and Edward Grimes are still causing controversy. The boys have dumped a night in Southampton in favour of a big money TV offer.

The Grimes twins or Jedward as they became known, became an overnight sensation on the ITV talent contest before their exit last weekend, had been due to perform at the Oceana nightclub in Leisure World tomorrow night.

But the date has been postponed after an appearance on Irish TV’s Late Late Show Christmas Special proved a more tantalising prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

MediaBride wrote: »
    Really looking forward to it as it's the 1st year the girls will be old enough to really enjoy it & will be writing their Santa letters on Saturday :)

I think Tubs will be a significant improvement on both Pat Kenny & Gay Byrne!

+1. It's his level though I suspect that without his prompt cards he will still be incapable of spontaneity even when interviewing a six year old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I havent watched the Late Late in about three weeks now, cos it's sooo crap. Watched a few of the interesting bits (i.e. Indigenous guest with degenerative disease), but didn watch it live.

Considering how awful Tubridy is with his "audience bit", I will not be watching it. He is truly at his worst when interviewing non-guests if you konw what I mean. The Toy Show should have definitely died after Gay Byrne did the show.

I also wont be watching cos I'm learning to play the violin, and if I see some two year old faultlessly playing "Schindler's List", I'll just hop the beginner violin off the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 tinyk

With all the huge resources that the Late Late Show has, it's a disgraceful waste of money. Thought the Ireland AM Toy Show was absolutely brilliant this morning. All about the kids and proper toy reviews, rather than a presenter like Kenny or Tubridy dominating it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Prepare for Tubridy to be condescending to children for 2 hours, he is most unsuited to the Toy Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I think people saying he won't know how to interact with kids are a bit wide of the mark. He does have some of his own after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

tinyk wrote: »
    With all the huge resources that the Late Late Show has, it's a disgraceful waste of money. Thought the Ireland AM Toy Show was absolutely brilliant this morning. All about the kids and proper toy reviews, rather than a presenter like Kenny or Tubridy dominating it. :P

There is nothing stopping TV3 putting on their own Toy Show during peak viewing hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

COME BACK GAY!!!!

300px-RT%C3%89_The_Late_Late_Toy_Show_Gaybo_agus_Dustin_le_ch%C3%A9ile.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Shane10 wrote: »
    COME BACK GAY!!!!

I remember Scrap Saturday used to slag Gaybo about beating the children to make them cry on the show. Ah, the good old days... good Late Late Show AND good satire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Here are the match threads from 2007, 2006, 2005 and 2004

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ceol go deo

come on - gaybo was king. HE STILL IS!! ho hey ho....ya want sum water

Love the Toy Show every year, agree with that enthusiastic yet honest and truthful poster above. It's a great night, we've been watchin it since we were in nappies and teenagers now but still don't feel at all ashamed to watch the Toy Show, a night for popcorn and fizz, laughin at the carol singers, booin the Billy Barry kids, watchin the shy kids and the cheeky kids etc etc and the audience with their "one for everyone in in the audience" prizes.. shur tis part of bein irish:) Despite this Pat seemed to get steadily worse at doin them and was never half as natural as Gaybo, when we were kids we usedta make sure the Toy Show was recorded and we'd watch them on repeat for weeks! Still hav videos of the GAybo '90s Toy Shows! So come on Ryan lets have another classic one and banish the ghost of the plank! Christmas starts tonight! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

The past 3 years the toy show has been pure comedy gold due to the running commentary on here. Can't wait for tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shanofin

Jedward won't be on it unless they have hired the star ship enterprise for the night. They are playing a gig in Oceana in Southampton tonight (£6 in if anyone is interested)

eating their words anyone?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Looking forward to it tonight :D

It's become an Irish tradition to sit down and watch a grown man get upstaged by a group of kids :P

Who wants to bet that Tubs will cave in on the embarrassing jumper?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

Hey while I was making the dinner this evening, I had the rte news on, and they were going on about the toy show and how great it would be, they were behind the scenes in the lead up to the big event, and they interviewed a real cocky little madam that was going to be singinng, they asked her to sing a line or two and she said " NO ,ACTUALLY IT IS A SURPRISE! God she was really annoying, just looked like a spoiled brat. They also asked Tubs would he be wearing a jumper, he said we would have to wait and see:eek:

Did anyone just see that little ad after Eastenders with the jumpers?

I thought it was cute :o

The kids were predictably annoying though...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Yaaaay Toy Show :D \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

COME BACK GAY!!!!

300px-RT%C3%89_The_Late_Late_Toy_Show_Gaybo_agus_Dustin_le_ch%C3%A9ile.JPG

Yeah come back Gay.................. so I can I give you a dig in the forehead for all the times you annoyed me ! Dittering numpty should have been put out to grass in '72.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I wonder what Ryan's jumper will be like! Can't wait love the toy show!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

chocgirl wrote: »
    I wonder what Ryan's jumper will be like! Can't wait love the toy show!:)

Is he gonna wear one?. defo thought he was gonna wear a cool shirt.

Forget the jumper check out the red dress on the weather lady!!.

WOW. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Saw a clip before the news, he already outdone Pat I found :p He sounded excited like a child :o

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Forget the jumper check out the red dress on the weather lady!!.

WOW. :)

Young Angelica Huston, am I right?!

Young Angelica Huston, am I right?!

Yeah but better looking. Angelica never really did it for me.

Well spotted though. Good eye!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

If Jedward get their hands on a Karaoke machine we're all doomed.

And heeeere we go!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

here we go!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement