Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I bet he'd fall of his bar stool after one pint.
    That said, I'd say he is a guinness drinker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

terrible toy show....teeeeerible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

Thought Tubbers was class tonight. Was able to join in with the kids' humour while at the same time ripping the piss out of them for the older audience.

Whereas Pat Kenny always kind of just lurked and stuttered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 char087

Worst Toy Show in a long time, the only impressive thing was the all the free stuff the audience got!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Because they're (1) over hyper and (2) full of themselves. Trait 2 is a quailty which is strangely enough in modern society is frowned upon, add to that trait 1 (Which by itself is sometimes seen as a good quailty in a person, however mixed with 2 makes in intolerable) and you have the reason why people dislike them.

Does that suffice?
    I don't think they're full of themselves at all. I really just think theyre very excitable people but are very serious about what they do. Louis Walsh said in an interview before they have a minor case of ADHD which would explain alot. But no I really think they're naive, people in their own world, they dont come across to me as "full of themselves" at all. Having heard alot of interviews with them I think they're really 'ditzy' and just likable.

Anyhow this isnt the "jedward" thread so I wont go off topic anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gaugepin

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I bet he'd fall of his bar stool after one pint.
    That said, I'd say he is a guinness drinker.

I'd say that dry sherry would be more his preference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Really weird toyshop, seemed to be a serious lack of toys, and no jingle bells either, just wasn't christmassy! Ryan did some serious jumping around at the start, was cringey to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

jjof.png

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

So yeah 1450 members in an hour..... I'm kinda worried about my creation :P I sent the invite to like 50 friends as a joke. Crazy interwebs! Hope no-one takes it in the wrong way anyway :) Just a bit of fun, unlike one person who emailed me telling me I was a disgrace for putting it online

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    So yeah 1450 members in an hour..... I'm kinda worried about my creation :P I sent the invite to like 50 friends as a joke. Crazy interwebs! Hope no-one takes it in the wrong way anyway :) Just a bit of fun, unlike one person who emailed me telling me I was a disgrace for putting it online

You should probably delete the group and get everyone to join http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=220037261275 instead :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

Crazy interwebs! Just a bit of fun,

Crazy alright. Fun. For You.

For John. ?

Leave the kid alone and take that crap down if you have any cop on. The sh1t ain't on my hands though. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

You should probably delete the group and get everyone to join http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=220037261275 instead :D

Why would he delete a group with 1500+ members for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

jjof.png

Get out much? ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I sent the invite to like 50 friends as a joke.

This being an Internet discussion board, do you know just how inadequate that sentence makes the rest of us feel? Do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

el diablo wrote: »
    Get out much? ;)

Ahem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Crazy alright. Fun. For You.

For John. ?

Leave the kid alone and take that crap down if you have any cop on. The sh1t ain't on my hands though. :mad:

Shut. Up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gaugepin

Wouldn;t he be the best guest to invite along to a dinner party :)

Good on ya JohnJoe, ur the best discovery of 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭louisa200

can i just say the facebook page is not insulting, yes you might get a few randomers posting ****e (not like here ahem) but inagine when jj is in his teens reading all the comments on how fab he is, it isnt a pisstake, people actually are in awe of this little dude.. so no, dont remove the facebook page... and big ups jj, if his parents werent seeking fame and recognition for him then im sure they wouldnt have put him on the late late show, and he seems more than able to handle it.. rolex anyone xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Thought he was brilliant!

more personality in his little body than all RTEs 'stars' combined!

loved him!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Poor show, but John Joe was entertaining..

If I was the father of two camp, ridiculous looking twins, the last thing I'd do is ridicule them live on national TV.. They have to live with this image now, and while it'll only last for a few months, it's a pretty defining age so it'll leave a bit of a scar..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

Ah Ryan was good, but then I am basing that on the last ten years of Toy Shows!!

Gay will always be the KING!!!

But as much as a I loved Ryan, I am really annoyed that DUSTIN THE TURKEY didnt make an apperance for the first time I can remember since he came on the scene in the 1990's!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Dustin ha a dvd out this week too. strange he wasnt on it..probably a change tubridy insisted on. fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

^^ Or the stage just was not big enough for THREE muppets seeing as th Twins were there inside! grrrr

Ah Ryan was good, but then I am basing that on the last ten years of Toy Shows!!

Gay will always be the KING!!!

But as much as a I loved Ryan, I am really annoyed that DUSTIN THE TURKEY didnt make an apperance for the first time I can remember since he came on the scene in the 1990's!!

I think you have a selective memory. I'm almost certain Kenny didn't have him on many years.
    Regardless, he's not funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

louisa200 wrote: »
    can i just say the facebook page is not insulting, yes you might get a few randomers posting ****e (not like here ahem) but inagine when jj is in his teens reading all the comments on how fab he is, it isnt a pisstake, people actually are in awe of this little dude..

How do you know he'll like having a facebook page.

He'll also have to read the sh/t comments along with the good ones.

It's not that hard to understand but I'm not going to continue an argument :pac:

It's not that hard to understand but I'm not going to continue an argument :pac:

Earlier on during the toy show, most posts you made were paedo references.

Now you are giving out about there being a Johnjoe appreciation group on facebook where 99.9% of comments are benevolent.

Strange stuff.

Ah, in fairness, all posts have been very good. And anything that has been a bit off has been deleted, but there have been less than 5 out of the hundreds!

Breffmania took off, Jedward took off. This might, if not, let it be... At least it made a few people smile tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Ah, in fairness, all posts have been very good. And anything that has been a bit off has been deleted, but there have been less than 5 out of the hundreds!

Breffmania took off, Jedward took off. This might, if not, let it be... At least it made a few people smile tonight :)

The difference being that Breff and Jedward are adults (well almost) who knew what they were getting into.. John Joe is only a child who was just being himself.. setting up the facebook page was a mistake.

A member of his family has actually given their thumbs up to the group. He was already online on his own website for like 2 years so it's not anything too new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

A Disgrace wrote: »
    The difference being that Breff and Jedward are adults (well almost) who knew what they were getting into.. John Joe is only a child who was just being himself.. setting up the facebook page was a mistake.

Chill the feck out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement