Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

snowdaze wrote: »
    his Dad?

the site link for the domain points to neilgurryworks.com which at first glance looks like neil gurry is some artist/webdev type person who codes sites....
    whether or not he's his dad or someone paid to make the site isn't for certain yet.
    http://www.facebook.com/search/?init=quick&q=neil%20gurry
    anyone wanna do a bit of investigating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Now you are giving out about there being a Johnjoe appreciation group on facebook where 99.9% of comments are benevolent.

Strange stuff.

The best thing with Mr Giles is the ignore button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

wheres the youtube clip??? it hasta happen!

"mwwwhhahahaha....i havent the time to read all the books,but im a fan
    nonetheless"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Can't find Youtube link :(

:O Theres a ''Watches&Clocks'' forum on Boards!!

**adds to favorites for tommorows drunken messy night and hopefully try not ****e on about john joe**

You have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Wouldnt normally post on the Television forum, but I think its pretty sick that a kid that could be Autistic or anything is being subjected to the "boards humour". Very bad form in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

rizzee wrote: »
    Can't find Youtube link :(

:O Theres a ''Watches&Clocks'' forum on Boards!!

**adds to favorites for tommorows drunken messy night and hopefully try not ****e on about john joe**

You have been warned.

it's on the rte player:
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1061188

you can scrub to about 1.33 and the book section with john joe is on,there is mention that he lives in paris sometimes which may explain the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

copacetic wrote: »
    it's on the rte player:
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1061188

you can scrub to about 1.33 and the book section with john joe is on,there is mention that he lives in paris sometimes which may explain the website.

It's at exactly 1:35:15

Tried doing a screencast and putting it on youtube but cant get it to record audio damm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

What a show that was last night :D

Tubridy was quality I though, and eh, JohnJoe hahahahahahaha :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

He's not autistic. Possibly has Aspergers (sp?) syndrome but he's definitely not autistic. You clearly didnt hear him speak, he was sharp as a tack and funny too, funny with not at either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

He's not autistic. Possibly has Aspergers (sp?) syndrome but he's definitely not autistic. You clearly didnt hear him speak, he was sharp as a tack and funny too, funny with not at either.

"Asperger syndrome is an autism spectrum disorder, and people with it therefore show significant difficulties in social interaction"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

I saw it, and I think some of the comments in here are disgraceful. There are many being respectful, but a lot are taking the piss..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think the poor guy hasn't any problems. He seems to be hanging around his parents too much, there are lots of young children who talk like adults because they talk to their parents more then children of their own age. He will grow out of it.

However Pat would have had a Rolex. :D

IMO they gave the kids too many toys to review.

Anyone else notice the guy in audience who really didn't want to be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

Those John and Edward toys were really scary. I couldn't sleep after seeing them they were so lifelike. My Ma had to soothe me to sleep with whiskey.

Do they run on batteries ? Hopefully, they have an off switch.

Fair play to Tubridy who seemed to be able to actually communicate with the kids....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Good lord, I thought Pat Kenny was bad, I didn't think it could get any worse, but they've actually found someone even more ill-suited to being on TV. Tubridy acted like an absolute creep throughout, he had a kind of nervous over-enthusiasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ale-breno

nobody better make fun of johnjoe, he is my 2nd cousin and he is a truly gifted child!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

ive just watched johnjoe on the toy show had its recorded on sky plus(how sad!!) he was brilliant, a lovely little kid with amazing intelligence!!

i thought ryan did a great job he was far better than pat kenny ever was! he was a bit like an over excited child on christmas morning but being his first ever toy show id say it was more nerves than anything which is allowed i suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Squidgie

Tubbers wasn't bad, put a bit of life into it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

If anyone has any high-res screengrabs of John Joe, would they please PM them to me for tomorrow's Photoshop competition in AH?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

It was good, Ryan was brilliant, making jokes about ever thing.

The amount of free suff they gave to the audience, lucky people.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

The look of utter contempt on mini-Tubs John Joe's face when the Harry Potter girl Luna Lovegood sat down and wrecked his buzz - "Yuck - another girl!". Priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭bob the bob

Anyone know where I can download/stream the show?
    I'm not living in Ireland so couldn't watch it last night.

Hope this request doesn't break any TV forum rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

JohnJoe was awesome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

manutd wrote: »
    It was good, Ryan was brilliant, making jokes about ever thing. The amount of free suff they gave to the audience, lucky people.

I didnt like him on it at all. Running round like a four year old at the start, consistently looking for re-assurance from the audience with his panto-style questions. Spent more time making scripted smart arse remarks to the kids and interrupting them, while cynically and manipulatively endearing himself to them to convey that to his audience that he IS a "nice guy". Was more kissing and hugging of babies and children than you would see his FF comrades doing at election time.

The coverage of the toys was ridiculous. It was so fleeting that you would blink if you missed it. Didnt really catch the names of any of the toys, and the camera work was truly awful for both the acts and the toys.

He made the show all about Ryan Tubridy, and the show is meant to be about the kids and the toys. The word "creep", used above, sums it up for me.

In other news, "bah humbug".

ale-breno wrote: »
    nobody better make fun of johnjoe, he is my 2nd cousin and he is a truly gifted child!!!!

Loved his remark about the Rolex, put that overpaid giraffe in his place. Seems like a clever child, cant imagine he gets a great time from the other kids in school though. :(

97492.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Does anyone know if there will be a repeat of the Toy Show anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

Sunday 15:30 RTE 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

JohnJoe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n6Jx_XiLKE
    Uploaded by RTE themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If anyone has any high-res screengrabs of John Joe, would they please PM them to me for tomorrow's Photoshop competition in AH?
    Does anyone know if there will be a repeat of the Toy Show anytime soon?

For all you Toy Show needs :http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1061188
    It can be watched ad nauseum and screen grabbed etc for the next 3 weeks there.

chilly wrote: »
    For all you Toy Show needs :http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1061188
    It can be watched ad nauseum and screen grabbed etc for the next 3 weeks there.

Yeah that's where I got my image above, but that's not high res. And there's no way of getting it in any higher res from the the player as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

PM'd.

It is also repeated on TV tomorrow at 3.30pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭happyjack

When is the repeat? I can't believe we forgot it was on and missed it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement