Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

happyjack wrote: »
    When is the repeat? I can't believe we forgot it was on and missed it!

Please see the post just above yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gaugepin

ale-breno wrote: »
    nobody better make fun of johnjoe, he is my 2nd cousin and he is a truly gifted child!!!!

JohnJoe stole the show, he was the absolute star of the show

JohnJoe for Taoiseach and President....

Finally, JohnJoe is up on youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n6Jx_XiLKE

What a star

and, he has 9,000 people on Facebook that love him already:

http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?v=wall&ref=nf&gid=201690442928

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

really enjoyed the toy show this year, curled up on a blanket with a glass of white wine and a tub of Tesco Rocky Road, happy days!

what i liked:
    Thunderstruck kids - little rockers in the making
    Violin kid - note perfect
    Set dancers - traditional and very well done
    Annabelle - 32 counties with no hesitation, made me go aaaww
    Culchie kid - bless him, he was funny
    Shane & Nicole - not even a westlife fan but she was adorable
    John & Edward - exactly as i thought they would be, big kids - didnt cop on to the curse til i read it here though :eek:
    John Joe - an old soul in a little boy's body, hilarious and entertaining to watch

what i disliked:
    panto song at start - miming should be banned from the toy show
    choir at end singing hallelujah - so glad they edited the "inappropriate verses for kids" from it, but so boring and no offense to them, but there were probably better choirs to choose from
    The girl showing the dolls (older one) - irritated me from the get go, attention seeking, and Ryan still spent more time with the other little girl!

Ryan did a good job, very fast paced but i think that was more the producers' fault trying to squish so much into the time slot. Disappointed he went for a boring jumper though, i don't care if he's modernised the show, that's a loooooooooong standing tradition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Earlier on during the toy show, most posts you made were paedo references.

Now you are giving out about there being a Johnjoe appreciation group on facebook where 99.9% of comments are benevolent.

Strange stuff.

I didn't do anything to the kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I thought it lacked much atmosphere.I was disappointed over all. I don't get the fuss about John Joe.Certainly he was a nice ,bright child but clearly with the choice of clothes etc his parents intend to accentuate any eccentricity he has to make him a little characature.It might be fun for the viewing public and for him for a short while but over all it's a tacky stunt.Kids don't exist to entertain adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ncarroll

Did anyone get the name of that remote controlled bird. The wings flapped like a bird and glided to land....think it was iFlight or i....something. Cannot fnd it on the web....

Thought it was a cool piece of technology, wanna get my hands on one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

ncarroll wrote: »
    Did anyone get the name of that remote controlled bird. The wings flapped like a bird and glided to land....think it was iFlight or i....something. Cannot fnd it on the web....

Thought it was a cool piece of technology, wanna get my hands on one.

Was it the ibird?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

its called the iBird and its 20 euro in world of wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

chilly wrote: »
    Kids don't exist to entertain adults.

oh ya, well try telling the priests that:cool:

chilly wrote: »
    I thought it lacked much atmosphere.I was disappointed over all. I don't get the fuss about John Joe.Certainly he was a nice ,bright child but clearly with the choice of clothes etc his parents intend to accentuate any eccentricity he has to make him a little characature.It might be fun for the viewing public and for him for a short while but over all it's a tacky stunt.Kids don't exist to entertain adults.

Wow, bitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 celebratarian

Mod edit: No link requests

**** YOU!!

Gaugepin wrote: »
    Wow, bitter

Yup.I suppose you know things are bad when you can't even enjoy a bit of innocent child exploitation.
    *rolls eyes*

Mod edit: No links or telling people where to download programmes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

haha John Joe is Froggy from Little Rascals :D

jordanwarkol9zc.jpg

mystic86 wrote: »
    its called the iBird and its 20 euro in world of wonder.

Thanks!!:D

Was it the ibird?

Thanks!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

There was some photo thing you put negatives into and it put it onto your computer. Anyone know the name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Yup.I suppose you know things are bad when you can't even enjoy a bit of innocent child exploitation.
    *rolls eyes*

How was he exploited? He is an intelligent kid and what exactly should he do, talk street? Wear "street" clothes - would that make him less expolited?

rubbish.

EDIT:

Also JohnJoe for Finance Minister, and minister for horology

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

asdasd wrote: »
    Also JohnJoe for Finance Minister, and minister for horology

+1! John Joe was an absolute genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭subtle_as

damnyanks wrote: »
    There was some photo thing you put negatives into and it put it onto your computer. Anyone know the name?

Check out the link below for it. im sure ryan said it was cheap enuf but iv looked around, it's not that cheap...

http://www.firebox.com/product/2234/USB-Negative-Scanner

or

http://www.gadgets.co.uk/item/USBFILMSCANNER/USB-Negatives-Photo-Film-Scanner.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

i thought tubs was excellent and like the show but it didnt give me a xmas feeling.

Tubridy was useless. Asked childern the same question over and over..., forgot their names even though they wore name tags.

Tubridy looked nervous while doing the whole show, and it lacked in the Christmas vibe.

He didn't take time to mess with toys, let childern lead the show. He was sarcastic and used cheap jokes to look "cool".

Stupid really!!

I wanted to see Dustin also....:mad::(:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

Loved his remark about the Rolex, put that overpaid giraffe in his place. Seems like a clever child, cant imagine he gets a great time from the other kids in school though. :(

97492.jpg

he lives in paris he prob goes to a school for children of exceptional intelligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

he lives in paris he prob goes to a school for children of exceptional intelligence.
    Parents must be loaded with money and well connected.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Parents must be loaded with money and well connected.

clearly, everyone who lives in Paris is. It's in France like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Hi guys,

I have been reading this thread about the toy show and johnjoe.This little guy is absolutly amazing.I meet him once or twice and he is brill.I have great admiration for him.He is an avid artist and he is from roscommon.I hope he gets thousands to jion him on facebook and he could fix my rolex anyday.

Redriddick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

13764_222960749828_613774828_4362193_7539815_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

His family own a shop in Roscommon town and guess the name of it !Time Pieces".They sell lots of clocks,jewellary ornaments and stuff.Its a right little treasure trove.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement