Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Was very good. Tubridy was excellent!

Anyone know what age was the guy playing violin?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Johnjoe is such a hick name but he seems like an affable kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 celebratarian

Mod edit: No link requests

Assholes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Ah, celebratarian

we hardly knew him.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

celebratarian banned for a month for personal abuse..

.. cop on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

Toy Show was good.

Tubridy did a top notch job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

InisMor wrote: »
    Toy Show was good.

Tubridy did a top notch job.

Lacked charisma. Couldn't connect with the kids. Didn't know their names. Nervous. Kept making stupid comments about children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Lacked charisma. Couldn't connect with the kids. Didn't know their names. Nervous. Kept making stupid comments about children.

Anyone know how many viewers the late late got that last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

basquille wrote: »
    celebratarian banned for a month for personal abuse..

.. cop on!

he he:D

the poor guy only had 12 posts:D
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i thought he was great, he must have spent some time with the kids during the week because they all seemed quite comfortable.. if he'd had a christmas jumper on then i'd be fully made up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I'm not the biggest Tubridy fan but I thought he did really well. He was very nervous and jittery to begin with but he dealt with the kids really well. Far better than Pat who just froze whenever the cheeky/awkward kid would appear. First time in years I've been able to sit through it without cringing myself into a ball.

I imagine that this is the hardest thing to do in the Late Late year. All that marshalling of children and the amount of stuff to do. nervewracking. Also Ryan is more comfortable behind a desk.

He did ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

you must have been watching a recording of an old Toy Show from Pat Kenny's time.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

When does this get repeated? Missed it last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Stekelly wrote: »
    When does this get repeated? Missed it last night.
    3.30 tomorrow afternoon on RTE1.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

Johnjoe and his clocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

John joe now has 14,578 fans on facebook.

More fans than Tubridy at this stage, I reckon

Loads of people love Tubridy.

I am unsure about the way people are talking about this kid. Maybe we should move on.... :?

I am unsure about the way people are talking about this kid. Maybe we should move on.... :?

You are a very weird guy. Very very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Is there any clips of it on youtube yet?

• Advertisement

asdasd wrote: »
    You are a very weird guy. Very very weird.

I would consider those who are rambling on about a kid more worrying. :p

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Is there any clips of it on youtube yet?

Search Late Late Toy Show 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Loads of people love Tubridy.

The-Rigger wrote:
    Earlier on during the toy show, most posts you made were paedo references.

ColmDawson wrote: »

?

I didn't start groups about a kid or mention any kid in particular. Don't stir the sh.t. You know exactly what I'm talking about Colm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Move on, guys. Let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Glancing at some of these posts about an unusual child with time-piece connections, I can't help but think of Sylar from Heroes.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 guybague

Yes, JohnJoe was great. So were all the other kids. And so are all of Ireland's kids.

Now, why don't you leave him his privacy and right to grow up as a kid. It's not about YOU.

This, of all, week's strikes me as the very week you should be respecting kids rights.

Move on. And Grow Up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Rondolfus

guybague wrote: »
    Yes, JohnJoe was great. So were all the other kids. And so are all of Ireland's kids.

If was up to me I'd remove all the kids from the toy show, then I'd remove all of the toys. Finally, I'd drag Ryan Tubridy's skinny little ass out into the RTE carpark and give him the beating that 90% of people in this country think he deserves.

Just when Montrose think the attack is over, I'd re-enter the building and hunt down all the people responsible for making the panel. I'd drag them one by one to the RTE canteen and tie them to tanks filled with timed explosives (that I'd prepared earlier). I then calmly walk back to the trunk of my car and retrieve a stinger missile launcher which I would use to take out the RTE mast. Just as I drive out onto the N11 the RTE canteen will explode. Job done.

So in a nut shell thats my opinion of the Toy show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Now, why don't you leave him his privacy and right to grow up as a kid. It's not about YOU.
    This, of all, week's strikes me as the very week you should be respecting kids rights.
    Move on. And Grow Up.

What are you on about? Nobody is camping outside his house with cameras you know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

Now, why don't you leave him his privacy and right to grow up as a kid.

if you stick a kid on the toy show with all of about 1.5million viewers he instantly says bye bye to privacy... if privacy was an issue one would imagine he or his parents would have made an objection rather than putting the kid forward in the first place...

and he is hardly being hounded. its the internet.
    Move on. And Grow Up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement