Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jerry2623

Rondolfus wrote: »
    If was up to me I'd remove all the kids from the toy show, then I'd remove all of the toys. Finally, I'd drag Ryan Tubridy's skinny little ass out into the RTE carpark and give him the beating that 90% of people in this country think he deserves.

Just when Montrose think the attack is over, I'd re-enter the building and hunt down all the people responsible for making the panel. I'd drag them one by one to the RTE canteen and tie them to tanks filled with timed explosives (that I'd prepared earlier). I then calmly walk back to the trunk of my car and retrieve a stinger missile launcher which I would use to take out the RTE mast. Just as I drive out onto the N11 the RTE canteen will explode. Job done.

So in a nut shell thats my opinion of the Toy show.

Wow very serious Anger issues here mate . Either that or to much time spent in the back of the car playing your play station games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Rondolfus

if you stick a kid on the toy show with all of about 1.5million viewers he instantly says bye bye to privacy... if privacy was an issue one would imagine he or his parents would have made an objection rather than putting the kid forward in the first place....

Eh ....this is the toy show, not x-factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Rondolfus

jerry2623 wrote: »
    Wow very serious Anger issues here mate . Either that or to much time spent in the back of the car playing your play station games

I think you'll find its x-box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

I think you'll find its x-box

Well, there could be a Playstation as well. What about a Wii.

I just think we should move on from talking about the kid.

Yes. He was fantastic. Best person on the show. Blah blah.

We all know how great he was.

Mabe no one is camping outside his house but they are constantly going on about how cute, nice or what personal problems he has.

guybague wrote: »
    Yes, JohnJoe was great. So were all the other kids. And so are all of Ireland's kids.

Now, why don't you leave him his privacy and right to grow up as a kid. It's not about YOU.

This, of all, week's strikes me as the very week you should be respecting kids rights.

Move on. And Grow Up.

That is similar to the point I was trying to get through. Thanks.

How many times do we need to read how great this guy was. Can we not converse on the show itself. He was part of it - arguably the best part but is there nothing else to comment on. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

That is similar to the point I was trying to get through. Thanks.

How many times do we need to read how great this guy was. Can we not converse on the show itself. He was part of it - arguably the best part but is there nothing else to comment on. :)

That's the point. No, there wasn't. Hence the JohnJoe phenomenon.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    That's the point. No, there wasn't. Hence the JohnJoe phenomenon.

I was thinking someone would say that. I wonder how many more pages he'll live to. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I was thinking someone would say that. I wonder how many more pages he'll live to. :pac:
    Well the show is repeated at 3.30 today so another 20 to 30 pages maybe?

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Well the show is repeated at 3.30 today so another 20 to 30 pages maybe?

Christ.

Might look at it to see the other highlight - the fat, snobby Twink/Amanda Brunker lookalike. She probably came second to himself. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

Eh ....this is the toy show, not x-factor.

eh... clearly.

the point being dont go on television if you dont want people scrutinizing you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I really enjoyed the Toy Show this year. Imo Tubridy did a great job, he could relate well to the kids and they all appeared to like him, were quick to hug him and to laugh at his wisecracks.

Most of us remember Gays' days with nostalgia I suspect mainly because our childhood memories of the toy show are from those times so they'll naturally seem magical.

Gay related to the kids as a kindly Grandfather whereas Tubridy brought himself down to their level, kids love adults who have that quality. I don't know how some people thought he was 'creepy', it's a sad sign of the times when a man can't mess about and play with kids without being suspected of being a perv:(.

I was at the Late Late show twice, in September this year(episode Jermaine Jackson was on) and last year as well(when Trinny and Susannah were on). I was struck by how unbelievably confident Tubridy is, omg he totally loves himself:D he's such a total poser, he was full of craic and energy. Pat is very wooden but I have to say during the ads and after the show where he spent time chatting to the studio audience, he was very nice. I had my photo taken with him:o..shook hands with Jimmy Carr too:).

Ann22 wrote: »
    our childhood memories of the toy show are from those times so they'll naturally seem magical. .

You mean your not 22 ???? :)

Yeah .. he was alright I guess. Not a massive fan but he's grand for the toy show.

Coming on RTÉ now

Coming on RTÉ now

You'll ruin your telly .. ;)

You'll ruin your telly .. ;)

Ive none left after last night. I stayed in with the wife

Ive none left after last night. I stayed in with the wife

Ahh noooo .. too much info Johnny :D

Auld age as well. It's hard to keep up with her these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Auld age as well. It's hard to keep up with her these days.

i think that would be more suited for the sex and sexuality forum :eek:

anyway, let the games begin , the show is on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

You mean your not 22 ???? :)

I wish:o....the number 2222 strangely follows me everywhere(long story), that's why I use it.

Just watching my old club playing. Will switch over soon.

• Advertisement

I wish:o....the number 2222 strangely follows me everywhere(long story), that's why I use it.

Can't believe you said that. Me too. I do things based on 22 all the time. Have done for years. Obsessed with 2's .. the more the better.

I was Nico22 :)

Just watching my old club playing. Will switch over soon.

I'm watching Revolution .. so shag the repeat :)

Mophead is on now. Tubridy is like a lead balloon.

What did she say instead of sex machine. Couldn't make it out. Will have to keep listening over on RTÉ player

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

Jesus these girls have some voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

it's a sad sign of the times when a man can't mess about and play with kids without being suspected of being a perv:(

I take it you didnt listen to ANYTHING on the news this week?

Tubridy is a smug, smart arse, creep. What did the kids learn from him? How to make smart arse, sarcastic remarks when you are meant to be treating an interviewee with respect. He acts like the cat that got the cream since he jumped a lot of RTE lifers to take the LLS job, while constantly feigning modesty and humility.

Couldnt get through the show without mentioning Kennedy and Nixon of course. As if knowing about the ex presidents made him an intellect. Kennedy was good looking, likeable and intelligent. Tubridy, you are no Jack Kennedy, so stop trying to align yourself with him. If he did know you you, he would have probably hit you the thump you deserve.

Sarcasm andd kids don't mix. Girls in particular don't take sarcasm well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What did she say instead of sex machine. Couldn't make it out. Will have to keep listening over on RTÉ player

LOL, yeah. I thought that ironic. Dress them up like hookers for sure but dont dare mention the "sex" word. I think they said "race" machine, maybe to keep consistent with the first verse when Freddy sings "I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva"... I havent gone back over it though.

I never noticed the houseband until today.

I never noticed Tubridy wiping spit off a child's face either

• Advertisement

If he did know you you, he would have probably hit you the thump you deserve.

What is your problem?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement