Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Are those two irritating twits gone yet ? Is it safe to switch it back on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

OK, back on - just in time to see the 60 year old in a child's body!!!! Talk about a stereotypical D4 type!

At least the redhead young fella on after him was real !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I really enjoyed the Toy Show this year. I thought Ryan Tubridy was really great and interacted really well with the kids - he's like a big kid himself! John Joe and the culchie farmer winner were hilarious! The children that were on were really talented and the choir at the end were amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

How did you get your tickets??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

dmen2b.jpg

Jaysus I hope to fk he doesnt come down my chimney on Christmas Eve. I havent got house insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Rondolfus wrote: »
    If was up to me I'd remove all the kids from the toy show, then I'd remove all of the toys. Finally, I'd drag Ryan Tubridy's skinny little ass out into the RTE carpark and give him the beating that 90% of people in this country think he deserves.

Just when Montrose think the attack is over, I'd re-enter the building and hunt down all the people responsible for making the panel. I'd drag them one by one to the RTE canteen and tie them to tanks filled with timed explosives (that I'd prepared earlier). I then calmly walk back to the trunk of my car and retrieve a stinger missile launcher which I would use to take out the RTE mast. Just as I drive out onto the N11 the RTE canteen will explode. Job done.

So in a nut shell thats my opinion of the Toy show.

Blimey! It's only a TV show :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

flutegirl wrote: »
    Blimey! It's only a TV show :eek:

Well ..... and the Panel and Ryan Turbrity! Don't think you will find anyone from the panel in RTÉ some how.

Jaysus I hope to fk he doesnt come down my chimney on Christmas Eve. I havent got house insurance.

The girl beside him doesn't look to happy either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

Elmo wrote: »
    The girl beside him doesn't look to happy either!

They're well met. They will soon produce:

bo%20as%20kid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

Wasn't the worst, not the best.. I agree Ryan wasn't bad, but was too quick witted for the role if you know what I mean.

Along with a lack of celebrities i think and at the end of it begged the question where the Xmas tunes were?!

I agree with a previous poster - didn't feel Christmassy at all.

Well funny when Johnjoe was just lying there chillin when the Harry potter girl was on, he justed wanted a clock to sort out! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shanofin

Hahaha! He stuck out like a sore thumb on the night! At one point I think the director was deliberately keeping him out of shot!

To be fair the show was very good... apart from one or two of Ryan's lines going completely over the kids' heads it was an excellent production!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 mcwilliams

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Crap song choice.

Anybody know what the song was actually called?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Time to flick.

Seriously, Jedward? Well if that's what you're into... :D

mcwilliams wrote: »
    Anybody know what the song was actually called?

IMO all of the children did a great job, some really talent kids out there. And then there is Jedward!

However 2 of the songs weren't really suitable for children: -

Queen's Don't Stop me now and Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. Don't get me wrong they are good songs.

(I am thinking of setting up the Mary Whitehouse Irish Association of decency in Broadcasting :) ) <<<< sarcasm

The Wizard of Oz is on every Christmas so it has become a Christmas annual event!

Does anybody know the name of the song that the 3 lads with the guitar sang?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

worse toyshow ever!!!! tubridy was suprisingly bad IMO. all i could hear was come on come on hurry up kids ??! waste of time having those kids on. i cant remember any toys that were on it. overall very poor. disappointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

A very hazy memory says it was "Teenage Kicks" by The Undertones.. but could be wrong!

Nope-wasn't that!
    Anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Nope-wasn't that!
    Anybody know?

Think it's called Sleigh Ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

I really thought the toy show could only improve after kenny, boy was I wrong . My kids got fed up after an hour and wanted to watch the Polar express on DVD he plain ruined it for them. kenny introduced this solo gig and im surprised they decided to let Tubbers follow with such a flawed format. At least gaybo had others around the studio that he could interact with and who could have some little bit of knowledge about the toys, it made for a far more enjoyable show.As for the stuff given to the audience I think a small gesture such as giving the harry potter gifts to the Kids in Crumlin or Temple street wouldnt have gone a miss. Were such a begrudgeing society that I think it just pissed everybody off well me anyways to see how much was given away and on the double as most people with go in couples heard one couple claiming they got almost € 2500 in goodies .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Well I reckon the Toy Show was pretty good this year! We had the kids performing (some we laughed at, some we applauded), we had Jedward (who are fookin gas, absolutely cringeworthy but must-see!), Westlife (ahhh yes I am actually getting Shane for Christmas, you know), we got to laugh at that miserable looking eejit in the crowd, and of course we had John-Joe, who made Tubbers look like a pure thickie!

Oh erm, and the toys of course...(The only one I can remember of the top of my head is that singing dog whose ears flapped, lol!)

Nice job Tubs - looking forward to next year already!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Tubridy ruined the toy show. Went way too fast, made stupid comments that were flying over the kids heads, rushing them etc. Song choices were a bit off - only one Christmas song.... No real interaction with anyone, cast, crew or kids. Boring Ryan, boring. He wouldn't even wear a Christmas jumper ffs. Even Pat was better at the toy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

Hi, yes I agree that Ryan from the minute it started, was like he was being timed, I was anxious and exhausted watching it and I actually do like Tubridy. He has kids of his own so thats what made me think that he would be more 'with it' and understanding of how kids think.

he actually ruined it, he was trying to be smart, he made fools out of some kids, and the comments were crazy, asking that little kid with the gun if he was an assasin, can you imagine young children asking their parents whats an assasin.

Just uncalled for and I think when ryan watches it back he will be horrified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Have to agree, didn't like Tubridy's smartass approach. I don't think he can let himself go and just have fun with it, he's too worried about looking smart and cool and funny all the time. You have to act like a big kid yourself, and he definitely didn't do that.

On another note, love the tags for this thread, particularly 'radioactive jumper', 'tubridy stole pat's jumper', and 'johnjoe = sylar'. Good stuff! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

How did he get it so wrong though, it should have been made for him. He dissed some of the toys and I mean the rushing was just uncalled for.

Why rush it, even though Pat might have spent ages trying to make some toy talk or walk or whatever he actually had the manners to wait for the toy to do what it was supposed to, Ryan was running actually running around making kids follow him, asking them questions about toys that they didnt have in their hands and moving from one thing to the next, ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rioski

I reckon the problem is that everyone wants a piece of the Toy Show and therefore they have to pack alot of stuff in there, too much stuff. There should be more of a relaxed and carefree atmosphere, it shouldn't feel like work, but unfortunatly it it due to it being rushed so much by Tubridy.
    I agree that there should be a couple of other guys around the studio to help him out and have some banter with.

One question though, cos I missed part of the show. Did Dustin appear?

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

who was the miserable looking guy in crowd?

Some arsewipe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

basquille wrote: »
    A very hazy memory says it was "Teenage Kicks" by The Undertones.. but could be wrong!

I thought it sounded a lot like Blitzkreig Bop by the Ramones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement