Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show 2009

Options
1535455565759»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

Sleigh Ride 'twas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah Sleigh Ride was the song, but to the tempo of Ramones's. The guitar was similar to it anyway. 'Cept the lead guitar, that played Sleigh bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

they were the highlight along with little johnjoe, tubridy was crap:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

i thought it was good. rt did a great job letting the children be children - kenny would have made sure we all knew exactly what ailments they had and milked the i am so good fro bringing a little magic to the sick children bit. rt just let them enjoy the toy show and forget their problems for awhile. for the fact that i only found out days afterwards that some children were ill I think rt deserves a massive credit.
    He will be better next year and he was a million times better the plank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 winnow

Very true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

It got great ratings the best in 15 years

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

lynski wrote: »
    He will be better next year and he was a million times better the plank

were you watching the same thing i was? tubridy was awful :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

JP Liz wrote: »
    It got great ratings the best in 15 years

hmmm, And just because millions tuned in to see Jedward, that doesnt make them good either. ;-) It wasnt better or worse than any other Toy Show imo. Tubridy was unbearable as usual, but then the Toy Show was hardly Pat's forté either.

prinz wrote: »
    were you watching the same thing i was? tubridy was awful :confused:

so true, and if some of those children were ill then I think Ryan treated them worse than before, they should have been asked questions little innocent kids questions about santa, none of them got to shine, none of them gota word in edge ways, and I like tubridy but he was sooooooooooooo bad I cant explain how strongly I feel about this he was horrendous, trying to appeal to the adults. didnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭scath

Have to agree with Lynski. I thought RT was more at ease than Pat with the kids, the kids actually found him funny as we could see, which is a good start and the adults found him entertaining and laughed a few times aswell. In Pat's time they more laughed at his awkwardness. I hope RT doesn't get too serious on LLS that he has been going towards as we liked his joking style. I think much better than under PK for LLTS though I did switch over to RTÉ2 for Obama's Election 2008 story and thus missed Jedward.

I guess it depends on whether you like a more softer funny RT or a more macho ejit style. I prefer to see the softer than macho which is contrived. Interesting we have opposing views yet watched same programme. Have to say RT suits LLS better than PK. PK's forte was current affairs which was a big part of Saturday Live. Trying to be something you're not into always made LLS under Pat awkward and old. Have to say also prefer LLS under RT than Gay even. Gay always seemed abit cold and know-it-all but his guests were riveting and his ability to ask hard questions. He was a good inteviewer, Gay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FootnMouth

I loved the toy show! It was brilliant! The stuff Ryan was saying was brill and there were jokes for both the kids and the adults! <3 JohnJohn!! And the Junior Culchie!

he was ok, but so rushed, if you watch it back from the very minute they went live, he was running around like bloody anneka rice with a tv camera after him. I love tubridy but defintely think it was a bad toy show. only for that culchie and little johnjoe ....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

This JohnJoe love in is nauseating. A mildly eccentric child reviews a book and expresses an interest in watches. Let's set up multiple facebook groups and burn some ginger kids in praise of this beacon of hope for our depressed nation.

Aidric wrote: »
    This JohnJoe love in is nauseating. A mildly eccentric child reviews a book and expresses an interest in watches. Let's set up multiple facebook groups and burn some ginger kids in praise of this beacon of hope for our depressed nation.

dont be so miserable, what a lovely child, so what if hes getting attention. how many kids do you know who are that eccentric and want to fix watches when they're older. none I would think. Join in the love or be miserable up to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

I think the reaction to John Joe is over-the-top also.

Come on people. Isn't he cute. Like all the other buggers on the show. No need to set up tens of facebook groups etc on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thread cleaned up. Next person to post "Not another one" gets an infraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

I think the reaction to John Joe is over-the-top also.

Boo!!!!

Boo you!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Look, it is slightly over the top.

But he is an intelligent kid with a degenerative disease and I am an utter cynic.

But my heart melted for this chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

asdasd wrote: »
    But my heart melted for this chap.

Mine too.

For people to act like everyone is just raving about JohnJoe cause he has a disability doing the chap a terrible diservice. People were endeared to him because of his personailty and remarkably intelligence for someone so young.

He's a diamond so he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

he has no disabiality by the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ale-breno

im his 2nd cousin and yes he does have a disability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

I'm his great-grandfather and I'm not sure what's up with him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ale-breno

well I was just told that he does have a type of disability

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Toy Show finished 6 weeks ago, folks. Time to move on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement