Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your gear wishlist ?

Options
  • 28-11-2009 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Whats your studio gear wishlist ? ?
    Mine currently is the following :
    Nord Lead Rack 2x
    Yamaha FS1R
    Focusrite Saffire audio interface
    Novation Remote Zero SL MK2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

Can I start with the very latest duo octuple processor top of the line Apple Mac Pro with a few very large screens thrown in for good measure?
    Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

A decent all in one box, simplicity wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Was only talking about this the other day..

I actually think I have everything I want. I've owned lots and lots of gear over a long time and I genuinely get the best results now with the most simple all in the box setup.

Never thought I'd say that.

Gear acquisition is genuinely an addiction and right now I feel like a reformed addict.

I guess the only thing I'd like right now is a great room to put a big pair of main monitors in (big old Westlakes or something), but right now I'm perfectly satisfied with what I use.

I think the main problem with gear acquisition syndrome is not the money wasted but the time wasted. Yes some hardware sounds slightly better than software. But if you can't get the results you want out of software, you're doing it wrong imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

that was the reason i wouldnt buy any expensive hardware. said to myself that if i cant get tracks finished that i like using my current set up then how could i using expensive gear. Ive had a big interest in synths and music technology for years now and i have a budget which ill spend on gear and thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

quite happy with what I've got. if i got really filthy rich, I'd probably be spending on a few fancy microphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

ARP 2600
    ARP Odyssey
    Neve 8801 channel strip
    Serge modular system
    Good 16 or 24 channel mixing desk (Speck, Toft or TLA)
    Pro Tools HD system
    Fenix modular
    Roland MC-4
    Roland TR909
    Korg Monopoly
    Something by Oberheim
    Roland SH5
    Steiner Parker Synthacon
    Roland Juno 60

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Been thinking when I get some funds together that I might start building up a modular system. If I win the lotto in the mean time I'll get a nice buchla modular system and spend the rest of my life playing with it without finishing tracks! :D

Advertisement