Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed! women's boots?

• 28-11-2009 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I need some advice from boards.ie women members please! Specifically, I intend on buying my girlfriend a pair of boots for Christmas. Unfortunately, I have no idea on where to start looking! ;) I live in Dublin city centre, so I would really appreciate any suggestions on where I could possibly buy them...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

How much do you want to spend? Office and Korkys are pretty good if your on a budget.... or if your feeling REALLY generous, head into Brown Thomas and pick her up a pair in there like Christian Louboutin?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ching9000

fend wrote: »
    How much do you want to spend? Office and Korkys are pretty good if your on a budget.... or if your feeling REALLY generous, head into Brown Thomas and pick her up a pair in there like Christian Louboutin?

Thanks for the reply!

I am probably looking at spending around 200 euros, as I'm getting her a few other things too. I'm afraid BT would be out of the question!! :D

I'll check out your suggestions, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

jenny2hat wrote: »

The fact they aren't leather, I doubt they would be a very good present, also she may not like flats.

May I suggest Schuh on O'Connell street. Schuh is about the only shoe shop I buy from, they have so many styles and brands, for €200 you could get her pretty much any pair of leather boots she wants from there. Have a go at bringing her shopping (make some excuse), keep watch to the boots or shoes she's interested in or picks up and puts down with the "ohh they are fab but I'd never spend that much on myself" etc. On account of so many new styles out there, what she normally wears may not be what she has her eye on, there may be a new style she really wants but is just saving for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭louisa200

ok i am a boot fiend.. look at carl scarpa... website tho good shop in dub... what boots does she normally wear, long short, big calves.. buying boots for a woman is a nightmare you need to give us more infoo x

• Advertisement

do not buy boots from dorothy perkins they are crapx

listen i only wear boots these are the guys yeah, italian and konw th estyle, copy the style she wore last year and ur onto a winner xx hths
    http://www.carlscarpa.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It's great that you want to buy your other half a pair of boots OP but you could potentially be stepping into a minefield! Does she have a style? Does she like flats or boots with a heel? Chunky heels or stiletto? Designer or not?

Basically there is massive massive choice and while you might get her exactly what she wants, you might get her the complete opposite of what she'd want.

Do you have any idea of what she likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ching9000

Thanks everyone! :D I had a look in Schuh, Korkys and Office today. There was a couple in Schuh that I would consider buying, but would like to visit a few more shops...

Btw, I'm looking for a pair of casual boots (she recently said that she'd like a pair), flats or a small heel, and probably black leather...

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Avenuegirl

Kurt Geiger. They are sold online if you want to save money or in Dublin they're in Brown Thomas (not sure where else as I don't live in Dublin!). Real leather, fabulous styles, comfortable; I have a pair and I love them! They're not too expensive but they're a nice investment buy at the same time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement