Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sending a form into the revenue commisioners

• 28-11-2009 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭

Sent a letter off to the Revenue commissioners to get stamped to claim back Swiss tax back I paid on dividends

form 91 on here

http://www.estv.admin.ch/verrechnungssteuer/dienstleistungen/00253/00626/index.html?lang=en

Form says I should send it off to Revenue Commissioners at Dublin Castle or my tax office district for the I reside.

So I decided to send it to Dublin Castle cause I wasn't sure exactly where I should send it cause I moved from Dublin to Kildare so safe bet I thought would be to send it to Dublin Castle and if I sent it to the wrong place they would forward it on.

So 3 months later not a word so I decided to give them all call to chase it up yesterday evening.

Got a person on the phone who said I sent it to the wrong place and that I should have sent it to mount street and that I need to send it again. They had a serious attitude on the phone also.

Not even trying to help.

Just very blunt.

I couldn't believe my ears.

Basically my form has gone into a big black hole.

Maybe I rang at a bad time cause it was Friday evening and I was disturbing them and they wanted to go home.

Should I ring back on Monday and hope to speak to someone else and hopefully they are helpful or just send in the form again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Trampas wrote: »

Should I ring back on Monday and hope to speak to someone else and hopefully they are helpful or just send in the form again.

When it comes to stuff like this, it's always best to give them a shout first and get the name of the person on the other end. I reckon you need to get the name of someone in your own tax district and then you have a contact to follow up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Its always worth your while to ring again. As you said it was friday evening and it may just have been hassle.

You may get someone who is very helpful or you may not. Def worth a second chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Ya I have a bit of a problem with this...... doesn't matter what day or time it is, if you are on work hours then do your job properly and dont be ignorant!

On the bottem left of the Home revenue website page there is a 'contact locator' using your PPSN. Just input your pps number there and it will tell you your local Revenue office.

As for it going into a black hole, I find this a little difficult to believe and most post items are scanned into a system so when you rang querying your form it should have appeared under your ppsn. I have a feeling that maybe your query was too difficult for 'someone' to deal with and so you were told to send it in again......maybe! ;)

Advertisement