Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Q

• 28-11-2009 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

Hotbird has the Polish channels and you only need a 70cm dish or bigger
    at 13oE but Russian tv on Sirius 4.8oE you need a 90cm dish or bigger.
    Both are encrypted in Nag3 and Videoguard:cool:
    Any box that has CAM slot and Nag3 and Vguard ready :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    or a official box from the providers:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

Iolar wrote: »
    What size dish and type of box would be fine for watching Polish and Russian tv stations?thanks:)

hi for(ukranian) Sirius 5E and Hotbirt 13E 80cm dish is perfect
    for Express 53E 1m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Sirius 4.8E no problem on a 110cm dish in Limerick.

Hotbird 13E only needs 70cm-80cm for relaible reception

Regards,
    MtM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

There are some International versions of russian tv available this far west with a 80cm dish, but for all the proper versions on russian tv you need a very large dish as they are all on a east beam. There is a lot of Russian stations on 40 east (Receivable here with an 80cm) but they are broadcast in mpeg 4 but FTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Is it possible to do this on one dish, with a few LNBs? Or are the respective satellites too far apart?

I was looking at getting a motorised dish, which would obviously be the ideal solution, but i've been told that due to regional air conditions the motorised dishes tend to seize up very quickly!

I'd like to get freesat and russian channels anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

druss wrote: »
    I was looking at getting a motorised dish, which would obviously be the ideal solution, but i've been told that due to regional air conditions the motorised dishes tend to seize up very quickly!

Who told you that? I got a Lidl dish and Maplin motor for less than 100 euro in Jan 2007 and their working fine, despite the dreadful winds the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

druss wrote: »

I have never heard that before :D

Sounds like an installers excuse !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

My motor is still driving my 1.1m dish for over 4 years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

To be honest, those were my initial thoughts as well! But i haven't lived here that long, so i don't really know.

Its in Wexford, reasonably coastal location, although i cant see (or smell!) the sea. I was told that the salt in the air could mess up the motor so the installer wouldn't recommend it. Lots of the dishes around the place look very rusted up alright and i'm not sure if a similar situation wouldn't mess up a motor.

They recommended using two dishes instead.

I can ask around a few more companies and see i suppose.

Advertisement