Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

03/04 Hyundai Coupé

• 28-11-2009 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭

Will be buying a car soon and these appeal to me, anyone have any pro's and con's about them?

Handling,MPG,reliability etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Darwin

Lets get the obligatory hairdresser comment out of the way first before anyone jumps in.
    The 1.6 is a bit gutless and handling is not the cars strongest point as the steering does not give much feedback. Its more of a comfortable motorway cruiser I guess. Reliability is definitely a plus point but check out honestjohn.co.uk for any problems previous owners might have had.
    The 2.0 has a bit more go and comes with leather, climate and twin pipes if that floats your boat :) Fuel consumption is around the mid 30's for the 2.0. Depreciation is a killer but that won't be an issue for you considering an 03/04 model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Barr

Very good cars apart from the image, great reliability with low running costs they make good sense financially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They're not bad cars at all, in fact they have good looks, but they do feel quite plasticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

If your set on getting one go for the 1.6 as the 2.0 doesn't have the performance to justify paying the 2.0 tax, plus it will be easier to sell on the 1.6 afterwards.

TBH I'd look elsewhere, i.e Celica, Integra or Fiat Couope even.

The 406 would probably be a better buy aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 1.6 litre is the only model that makes sense in Ireland. The 2.0 litre has poor performance to justify the extra running costs, the 2.7 litre is woeful for a 6 cylinder, buy one and your married to it. The 1.6 litre will win no races but is cheap to tax, insure and run. The Coupe is not a sports car, it is just looks sporty.

One thing to watch out for is the electric sunroof motor, it is known to fail in the Coupe and is expensive to put right. UK models are easy to spot as they had air conditioning instead of a sunroof. From 2005 the facelifted Coupe had half leather seats and a nicer centre console on the dashboard. It also had clear indicator lenses which make a world of difference to the overall look of the car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Cheers for the feedback lads :D

Advertisement