Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a phone from eBay...

• 28-11-2009 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Good or bad idea? Seen a good deal for the phone I want unlocked aswell so happy out. Anyone bought any phones from ebay before?I guess it all depends on the seller..I have my doubts on it working over here,although it says unlocked so it should right?

Sorry for all the posts relating to phones,I just wanna get one asap as my own phone is playing up so Im looking for advice.
    Thanks guys..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

If you buy from someone on e bay who has plenty of stars
    ,you should not have a problem.

but how much will you save?. new phones here are not very expensive.
    rugbyman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xlou89x

ya its a top rated seller so im pretty sure its trustworthy..iv bought plenty of stuff from ebay before & its been perfect.
    Wont be saving much,it's just the phone I want isnt avaliable on my network over here & its hasstle to get it unlocked,ya know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

xlou89x wrote: »
    ya its a top rated seller so im pretty sure its trustworthy..iv bought plenty of stuff from ebay before & its been perfect.
    Wont be saving much,it's just the phone I want isnt avaliable on my network over here & its hasstle to get it unlocked,ya know.

may I suggest you try ecell, I have bought many things off them before but not a phone. They have a 98.2% feedback over 435,000 items.

Im going to buy an N97 soon and if I do they have it at a good price unlocked so will get it from there.

ya sure will have a look at their shop..thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I've been buying phones off ebay for about the last 5 years and I've never had any problems. Just make sure the seller has plenty of stars and good / realistic feedback. I tend to try to find Hong Kong based sellers as their prices and P&P will be the lowest. And they'll sometimes throw in a few freebies like screen protectors, memory etc.

Of course if you buy from Hong Kong then you'll be caught for VAT when it gets to Ireland but this still works out way cheaper than buying from the UK / Ireland. Smartphones in particular seem to be a good bit cheaper. I compare ebay to expansys to really appreciate the savings ;-) Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Just posted here why I also always go to eBay for mobiles: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055754624#2
    They do seem to have a much better choice and lower prices in the UK so that's where most of my phones are coming from. Also, they're almost always unlocked. Delivery is around a tenner and takes 2-5 days. Avoiding expensive items from Asia, sorry.

cheers guys. Unfortunally they dont seem to be working out much cheaper but im incredably picky wiv phones..lol so Iv 2get this one. :)

Advertisement