Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tax on Second Tempory job

• 28-11-2009 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Right, I've had my hours cut back to Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but instead of taking the easy option and heading onto the dole
    I got myself tempory full time work with a marketing company doing merchandising work ( filling shelves and window displays :) )

My worry is how much am I going end up paying in tax from this second job

main empolyer has p45 - and I don't start job 2 till next week so I'm unclear on what to do tax wise

I've been told they'll try and find me other ad-hoc work in the new year,
    so I really don't know what my tax position is

if all goes according to plan I should make at the end of the month

close to €1250 job1
    close to €1000 job 2

Also any pitfalls I need to beware of?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Right, I've had my hours cut back to Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but instead of taking the easy option and heading onto the dole
    I got myself tempory full time work with a marketing company doing merchandising work ( filling shelves and window displays :) )

My worry is how much am I going end up paying in tax from this second job

main empolyer has p45 - and I don't start job 2 till next week so I'm unclear on what to do tax wise

I've been told they'll try and find me other ad-hoc work in the new year,
    so I really don't know what my tax position is

if all goes according to plan I should make at the end of the month

close to €1250 job1
    close to €1000 job 2

Also any pitfalls I need to beware of?

Thanks

It depends on your income previous to this as well. Tax is calculated on a yearly basis to include all income. If your total income for this year is the amounts you stated above then you wouldn't (shouldn't) be taxed at all as your income is well below the threshold for paying tax. However if there is other income or income from a previous employment that needs too must be taken into account. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

You need to split your tax credits between the two jobs ., otherwise , you may pay tax .

Ring tax office and tell them you have two employers .

this is the contact numbers :

http://www.revenue.ie/en/contact/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

You need to split your tax credits between the two jobs ., otherwise , you may pay tax .

Ring tax office and tell them you have two employers .

this is the contact numbers :

http://www.revenue.ie/en/contact/index.html

If you do this, don't forget in the future if you go back to one job only to allocate all your credits back to that job.

Advertisement