Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Package

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Over priced for 2nd hand goods imho.

No GFX card included?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Venom wrote: »
    Over priced for 2nd hand goods imho.

No GFX card included?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Blazher wrote: »

[ ] Gaming Package
    [X] Fail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Agree with above statements, not really a "Gaming Package"...considering no graphics card even....more high end components.
    I would recommend splitting the lot and selling individually as I can see it being difficult to shift the whole lot combined.
    Out of interest, why are you selling it all? Must have cost a considerable amount to invest in...

majiktripp wrote: »
    Agree with above statements, not really a "Gaming Package"...considering no graphics card even....more high end components.
    I would recommend splitting the lot and selling individually as I can see it being difficult to shift the whole lot combined.
    Out of interest, why are you selling it all? Must have cost a considerable amount to invest in...

I bought it for Gaming, I ordered a 5850 at the same time. 5 weeks ago now. And it hasn't came. But have been told i can pick it up on Tuesday :D

Anyways the rest of the hard ware has been sitting here doing jack. I bought a 4890 to play MW2 but then sold it after i cleared it.

The hardware has about 7 hours usage max.

The Watercooling stuff and Case was ordered 3 weeks ago, And again they should be getting dropped off this week.

All in all It cost me a sh!t lot more then what i am selling it for and most of it is BRAND new in box's and the stuff that isnt has very very little usage. I am using my Server more then anything. ( Like now :)

Anyways If it doesn't sell as a package il just go a head with the build. I don't need the money so i am in no rush

PS:: There is nearly 4000 Euro worth of hardware here whatever way you look at it. And its some of the best Hardware out to date!

So saying that 2300 for the lot is to much, You need to go back to school and do your math!

Just to make it clear for some of you slow people. MOST of the hardware is BRAND NEW IN BOX's. Its that new i am still waiting for it to come in.

Anyways the add is on Adverts.

Anyone that is interested post there.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I seriously doubt that you'll flog all that together, very very few people would want a core i7 965 when a 920 is a quarter of the price and can overclock just as well, leaving a completely neglible performance gap between them

2100euro is a lot of money to be spending on second hand stuff where you have no warrenty from the reseller for RMA'ing.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    I seriously doubt that you'll flog all that together, very very few people would want a core i7 965 when a 920 is a quarter of the price and can overclock just as well, leaving a completely neglible performance gap between them

2100euro is a lot of money to be spending on second hand stuff where you have no warrenty from the reseller for RMA'ing.

All the parts are under warrenty!

And the 920 can overclock JUST as well, But not the same, And there is more to the 965 then the clock speed! I would recommend you read up on the i7 EE chips.

People pay that bit more to get that bit more.

It always makes me laugh how its always the dreamers who b!tch about stuff they can't have. Its the same with motors aswell.

Anyways, As i said i am more then happy to keep it.

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

All the parts are under warrenty!

And the 920 can overclock JUST as well, But not the same, And there is more to the 965 then the clock speed! I would recommend you read up on the i7 EE chips.

People pay that bit more to get that bit more.

It always makes me laugh how its always the dreamers who b!tch about stuff they can't have. Its the same with motors aswell.

Anyways, As i said i am more then happy to keep it.

Good Luck!
    i know about the EE chips, theres neglible difference and definately not 700euros worth of difference, especially with the 920 replacement coming in january

I have most of that stuff, and a nice 5850 to boot, so youre talking out of your a$$

Theyre not under warranty from komplett, only manufacturers warranty, which is fine if you like to wait 6 weeks for a mobo replacement or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

PS:: There is nearly 4000 Euro worth of hardware here whatever way you look at it. And its some of the best Hardware out to date!

A fool and his money......

Top end pc hardware has and will always be a complete and total waste. Upper mid end is always the best buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Can never understand people who buy extreme edition cpu's :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Unfortunately there isn't much demand for ultra high end components to start with, that drops steeply when stuff is being sold second-hand - even if it is covered by warranty etc.

Still, someone out there might be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Can never understand people who buy extreme edition cpu's :confused:

For funzies?

Most ppl will see that spending 300% extra to get 10% performance gain just doesnt make financial sense and will flick it off the table.

Some ppl will see the faster chip and just want it (ignoring the price tag 300%).

Advertisement