Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free XHTML and CSS editor?

Options
  • 28-11-2009 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi all,
    I need to design a website for college which contains one page HTML, one XHTML and one CSS (at least). I can't afford Dreamweaver or anything like that so am looking to download free editors (not necessarily WYSIWYG editors, text-only are fine.)
    I tried Eclipse but once it was downloaded onto my laptop it disappeared (I'm not joking I can't find it anywhere) and then SeaMonkey but I just can't get it working (I'm not usually this bad with technology I swear) so right now using PageBreeze for the HTML but need a free editor for XHTML and CSS (preferably both).
    If any-one could suggest any easy-to-use free downloadable editors for these I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Crimson Editor / Notepad++/ PSPad are all pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I started using ConTEXT recently and I find it good. Site manager and colour-coded source code was the draw for me. No WYSIWYG at all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

As suggested, Notepad++ is the business. Also there's a great new CSS plugin for it which helps editing CSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Kompozer isn't too bad either. Built-in FTP manager, to edit files on the server.
    WYSIWYG editor included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Eoinite

Definitely PSPad for me.

Have never used ConTEXT before so I may give that a go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement