Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Germany

Options
  • 28-11-2009 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hello all :)
    Could anyone give me any info on studying an undergraduate (music or language) in Germany?
    Links or personal experience, anything helps thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 St. Robbie

seanfromshankil,

Im studying in the University of Konstanz, Germany at the moment. ( Well haven't started studying yet).

If I were you I'd find out as much info about the subjects you are thinking of doing before you arrive. i.e. can you do the exam in English, passed on attendance etc etc. My exams are in February but to be honest haven't done any work yet.

You will make a load of friends from all over the world and don't worry about if you're going alone alot of people here did and everyone made friends.

Can be boring enough in November with the freezing weather but around now its great craic with Christmas and I've heard summer is supposed to be good. Im looking forward to it.

Anyway, hope this helped you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 seanfromshankil

Excellent! Hope everything goes well for ya :)
    Can I ask, how did you actually end up studying there? And are you studying through German or English.. Just curious to know as much as I can from someone who's in the process! Thanks again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 St. Robbie

My college in Ireland (UCD) only let me do my subjects through German so its pretty hard. Depends what college in Ireland you are in whether they'll let you do classes in German or English.

I had a choice of a number of places so chose Konstanz just because it's a quiet place near a lake. Looked interesting

Advertisement