Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone please help me here!

Options
  • 28-11-2009 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I am doing a Masters at the moment.

Basically, I am having terrible difficulty finding Foinse, the Irish Language Newspaper. It is of utmost importance that I get to look at it.

The City Library doesn't have it and the College Library doesn't have it.

Does anyone know any libraries local, or of the Universities that have it?

I am willing to travel etc as I need to consult it for my thesis.

I would be really grateful for any suggestions,

Thanks everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Have you tried the National Library on Kildare St in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DCU student

I searched for Foinse on the Trinity College Dublin library website:

http://stella.catalogue.tcd.ie/iii/encore/record/C|Rb11431680|Sfoinse|Orightresult?lang=eng&suite=pearl

Its in the stacks in Santry so you may have to order it a few days in advance.

Ask your own college library for an ALCID card, this will allow you access to TCD library.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

It went bust. Starting up again in the new year.

Try

nuacht@foinse.ie nó Foinse, Aerfort Réigiúnach Conamara, An Caislean, Indreabhán, Co. na Gaillimhe, Éire.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

I have a copy dated 18 Samhain 2009. It's included with the Irish Independent (the one's given out to Primary School children anyway) Perhaps you could ask someone who has kids in Primary to give you their copies or contact your local National School? Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

It would help if you said where you're based.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

Sorry! First time doing this..................I'm in Ennis, Co. Clare.

I was talking to the first poster actually, but cheers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Computerfd

I am based in Cork.

NUIG has it if you find it easier to go to galway than Dublin. I'm kind of surprised Cork doesn't have it. See if you can order copies on interlibrary loan, the National Library might possibly have copies on microfilm. You're unlikely to get actually paper copies on loan.

Advertisement