Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

would REALLY love some help on these words

• 28-11-2009 10:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

Guys would love if some of you proper Irish speakers could help me out really quickly here.

I'm putting together a course thats to be taught to young people and I really want to teach them commands in Irish rather than english.

While I know the commands I am TERRIBLE at the pronunciation so am hoping some kind soul here would type out the phonetic beside each phrase or even point me to a website where I could find the phonetics for them.

I know it's a bit of an ask but I'd be super grateful, commands are below.

IRISH PHONETIC
    Lig Isteach
    Ó Dheis Cóirigh
    Le Heatraimh Ó Deis Deasaíg
    Aire arra
    Seasaíg ar Áis
    Ar Socracht
    Clé Iompaíg
    Dea Iompaíg
    Thart Iompaíg
    Clé Casaíg
    Deas Casaíg
    Thart Iompaíg
    Greadaigh Fúibh
    Corr Uimhreacha Coiscéim Ar Aghaidh, Réidh Uimhreachta Coiscéim Ar Gcúl, Osclaigh Na Ranganna Máirseáil
    Osclaugh Na Ranganna Máirseáil
    Dúnaigh Na Ranganna Máirseáil
    I Dtrúir Téigh
    Síos
    Cúirtéis
    Dearcaig Faoi Dheis / Clé
    Dearcaig Róimh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Ceilteach

I'm not sure you have all these orders are correct to be honest with you but here's the phonetic pronunciations. I'm presuming you're not familiar with proper phonetic symbols so i've just written them as you would prononunce them in English, if that makes sense!

Lig Isteach ligg Ishtaak
    Ó Dheis Cóirigh oh yesh cohrig
    Le Heatraimh Ó Deis Deasaíg le hatriv oh desh dasseeg(ee)
    Aire arra
    Seasaíg ar Áis shasseeg(ee) er awsh
    Ar Socracht er suckrokt
    Clé Iompaíg clay umpeeg(ee)
    Dea Iompaíg dya umpeeg(ee)
    Thart Iompaíg hort umpeeg(ee)
    Clé Casaíg clay cosseeg(ee)
    Deas Casaíg dyass cosseeg(ee)
    Thart Iompaíg hort umpeeg(ee)
    Greadaigh Fúibh graddig fuiv
    Corr Uimhreacha Coiscéim Ar Aghaidh, cerr ivraka cushcaym er eyeg
    Réidh Uimhreachta Coiscéim Ar Gcúl, rayg ivraka cushcaym er eyeg
    Osclaigh Na Ranganna Máirseáil usklig(ee) na rongann morshawl
    Dúnaigh Na Ranganna Máirseáil doonig(ee) na rongann morshawl
    I Dtrúir Téigh i droor tayg
    Síos sheeoss
    Cúirtéis coortaysh
    Dearcaig Faoi Dheis / Clé dyarkig(ee) fwee yesh / clay
    Dearcaig Róimh dyarkig(ee) rowiv

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

ceilteach thanks very much REALLY appreciate it and your right I don't know phonetic symbols :( . The orders have been provided to me from a military source so am hoping they are.

Advertisement